• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's up with Secret Wars #8?
1 1

43 posts in this topic

Yeah X-Men has always done well and I'm not saying they won't continue to do well especially as they are introduced into the MCU but I'm not sure how people that were collecting for the past 20+ years didn't know about all these common first appearance books already from the bronze and copper age.  Perhaps there really just are that many new collectors, who knows.  Prices are silly even in corona times, back in march it took me a month to sell a CGC 9.8 1st Mr Sinister SS Label with Claremont and Silvestri autos for like $240, I basically broke even after holding it for two years.  Now a blue label with no signatures that book is going for $300.  So what happened from March to today that wasn't happening from 2018 to 3/2020?  There's some kind of panic buying going on that isn't rational, now is not the time to buy.   We could change the title of this thread from secret wars #8 to "all bronze age and copper age 1st appearances" and it would still ring true.

As for Dr Strange books I've noticed some small increases over the years, many of the 9.4 silver age books I got around $120-$150 seem to go around $200 now so on a percentage basis 20-30% gain is not too bad.  The #169 in 9.4 went from $900-1000 to $1200 over the past 3-4 years so pretty similar there too.  You also have to remember none of those silver age books are first appearances, only the strange tales #110.  The majority of the crazy gains in prices always favors the 1st apps, even if those books are super common bronze age or copper age as we've seen recently.

Edited by 90sChild