• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's up with Secret Wars #8?
1 1

43 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, god503 said:

Backing up the premise of the heating up of the black costume your honor, rebuttal witness...  lol   

I’ve learned from the past. I’m not going to sell my books that I bought off the rack, except maybe my Conan’s lol. Any takers?:roflmao:

I did pick up and 9.8 SW 8 for 200 before covid...  so i am not complaining...  Sent it in the the triple siging  zeck beatty shooter.  as well as the whole SW  series  hoping they all come back 9.8...  :wishluck:

Just now, god503 said:

I did pick up and 9.8 SW 8 for 200 before covid...  so i am not complaining...  Sent it in the the triple siging  zeck beatty shooter.  as well as the whole SW  series  hoping they all come back 9.8...  :wishluck:

I just sold my Universal SW#8 before COVID :facepalm:. I still have a Zeck (double remarked) Beaty SS SW#8 CGC 9.8 though. 

16 minutes ago, god503 said:

Just picked this one up last week. But i have been eying for over a couple of months.  was able to work out what i believe was an equitable deal and pulled the trigger

aaaa.jpg

That's probably the best copy of ASM 252 I've ever seen....if your into sigs, which in this case I am

3 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

I just sold my Universal SW#8 before COVID :facepalm:. I still have a Zeck (double remarked) Beaty SS SW#8 CGC 9.8 though. 

Maybe I bought it from you????  ^^

1 hour ago, Xenosmilus said:

On a similar note. I’ve been getting annoyed with buyers (not collectors) on Clink haha. They are paying over GPA on Clink (mostly late bronze /early copper) then post them like double/triple on eBay. Then the books just sit there...

I understand wanting to make a buck but if you want to invest play the stock market lol

Yeah, I saw that with GA as well. But whatever, let those books rot. On their end there's money tied up, they can't keep buying forever and one day it will be dumping time. 
Anyways, speaking of coppers heating up, I am surprised lots of X-Men aren't. Like those days of future past books, they just look stagnant. X-Men 120 aint overly crazy either, at least in the grades I am looking at. The Detective Killer Croc issues aren't growing too much either.

Edited by William-James88

There's a lot of youtube channels telling people what "big keys" to invest in, and this is such a common book I assume it would be on nearly every list out there.  Most people fail to realize though how incredibly common some of these copper age books are.   If someone has GPA data on this book it would be fun to go back and look at how long the price was stagnant for years and years never going up.  9.6 was always $100 and 9.8 always around $180-200.  I think there's a new generation of either investors or speculators who think this is easy money, and also don't realize how "NOT OLD" and common the books are.  In the end it doesn't matter though if they are able to force prices higher, I just know I'm sticking to silver age.

nearly 100k subscribers and 30k views, nothing to sneeze at.  Most people who look for this kind of information may not really have any clue on price history and how little these books should move in price over the long-term.

Edited by 90sChild

12 minutes ago, 90sChild said:

There's a lot of youtube channels telling people what "big keys" to invest in, and this is such a common book I assume it would be on nearly every list out there.  Most people fail to realize though how incredibly common some of these copper age books are.   If someone has GPA data on this book it would be fun to go back and look at how long the price was stagnant for years and years never going up.  9.6 was always $100 and 9.8 always around $180-200.  I think there's a new generation of either investors or speculators who think this is easy money, and also don't realize how "NOT OLD" and common the books are.  In the end it doesn't matter though if they are able to force prices higher, I just know I'm sticking to silver age.

nearly 100k subscribers and 30k views, nothing to sneeze at.  Most people who look for this kind of information may not really have any clue on price history and how little these books should move in price over the long-term.

People actually take advice on that carp?!?

49 minutes ago, 90sChild said:

Yep, these look like two guys I'd bet the house on . . . :roflmao:

1 hour ago, William-James88 said:

Anyways, speaking of coppers heating up, I am surprised lots of X-Men aren't. Like those days of future past books, they just look stagnant. X-Men 120 aint overly crazy either, at least in the grades I am looking at. The Detective Killer Croc issues aren't growing too much either.

I don’t really follow X-men. I guess I’m one or the rare few lol. That being said I thought they always have been doing well? Maybe the copper boom “investors” think think they topped out? I’ve always been curious why Doctor Strange comics don’t seem to have increased at all. Seems like every other Marvel character with a MCU movie has but not Doc Strange....

Edited by Xenosmilus

1 hour ago, 90sChild said:

In the end it doesn't matter though if they are able to force prices higher, I just know I'm sticking to silver age.

I tapped out of silver age. Got the keys I could still get at reasonable prices (like your X-men 14s, 49s and 60s) and then moved onto the Golden Age books that remained stagnant for 15 years. 

Edited by William-James88