• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Longest time something has been listed on ebay
3 3

33 posts in this topic

On 8/10/2020 at 2:29 AM, Taylor G said:

I think this guy has been "selling" the Corben S&N hardcovers (at five to ten times FMV) for as long as I can remember.

The "seller" has been on Ebay since 2008, so probably that long.

On 8/10/2020 at 5:31 AM, wombat said:

This says March of 2018. Its always possible a listing can expire and then put back and it won't show officially how long. 

This shows January 2013 was when the listing first went up.

Revision summary for item #281045739096 2.png

Man the jackpot fever of some of these guys is astonishing.  Reminds me of the old prospecter who has been searchin for the famed gold strike for 40 years-and will NEVER find it-because it doesnt exist.  Buyers for those items at those prices dont exist.

Back in 2012, I could remember it was 30 cent listing per month.  Even today, it's still same.  That would be $3.60 per year so it would be added up to $28.80 in 8 years.  Not so bad to sit on eBay for a long time.  I get 50 free listings per month. This month is now 200 free listings.

21 hours ago, littledoom said:

I know a seller who told me about 2-3 years ago he had listings up for over a decade and would increase the price because the value goes up as time goes on

Did he ever sell anything?  If he had listings for that long, I would think his prices are too high or he has items no one wants or really feedback or something else for why these items are selling over such a long period of time?

I am just curous.

5 minutes ago, telerites said:

Did he ever sell anything?  If he had listings for that long, I would think his prices are too high or he has items no one wants or really feedback or something else for why these items are selling over such a long period of time?

I am just curous.

He has thousands of listings at very unbelievable high retail prices but his items are unique and even if 2-5 items sells a day they average around $100 each 

Also, don't know how long this has been listed...but it's one of my favorites for quite awhile. Every couple of months I like to send him an offer for like $4.00, $5.00, etc...

This is my favorite part of the description: "Comic will be hand-delivered to you at a bank within 10 miles of a major US airport of your choice" lol

https://www.ebay.com/itm/X-MEN-1-CGC-9-8-WHITE-PAGES-A-MUTANT-MILESTONE-SPECIAL-COLLECTORS-EDITION/324097218573?hash=item4b75b3180d:g:WqwAAOSw8FxeZS--

23 minutes ago, Inhuman Fiend said:

Also, don't know how long this has been listed...but it's one of my favorites for quite awhile. Every couple of months I like to send him an offer for like $4.00, $5.00, etc...

This is my favorite part of the description: "Comic will be hand-delivered to you at a bank within 10 miles of a major US airport of your choice" lol

https://www.ebay.com/itm/X-MEN-1-CGC-9-8-WHITE-PAGES-A-MUTANT-MILESTONE-SPECIAL-COLLECTORS-EDITION/324097218573?hash=item4b75b3180d:g:WqwAAOSw8FxeZS--

He sends out $80 offers to watchers once in a while.

1 hour ago, Inhuman Fiend said:

come on now- its xmen 1!!!