• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fireside Chat
3 3

Big ups  

17 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you love CGC?

• More than a little
    • A substantial amount
    • A whole lotta love
    • More than Buzzetta loves his ma

This poll is closed to new votes

98 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Poekaymon said:

At the start of this thread several people with tens of thousands of posts over years on this forum didn’t know how polls worked. Informative thread of the week, imo. 

I’m probably one of those people. I couldn’t care how polls work. It was a stupid and invasive post. Anybody who replied is either bragging or an incredible egotist. The value of my collection is nobody’s business except mine. Certainly, not a bunch of strangers on a comic book website...

Now if you want to offer something informative, I’m all ears. 

3 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

I’m probably one of those people. I couldn’t care how polls work. It was a stupid and invasive post. Anybody who replied is either bragging or an incredible egotist. The value of my collection is nobody’s business except mine. Certainly, not a bunch of strangers on a comic book website...

Now if you want to offer something informative, I’m all ears. 

You are probably a really fun, enjoyable person.  And lol @ an optional poll being invasive.  

i would consider his point, though. optional poll or not, the simple truth is that the person responding can be identified, by board name. if the person's real name can be identified (and many members know many other member's real name) the supposed value of the "collection" can be linked to a person. if that person's name is known, the person's location can be traced. if the location can be traced, then bad things can happen.

yes, invasive. i don't respond to not type of poll. nope. i can get in trouble without somebody else's help.

37 minutes ago, wilbil said:

i would consider his point, though. optional poll or not, the simple truth is that the person responding can be identified, by board name. if the person's real name can be identified (and many members know many other member's real name) the supposed value of the "collection" can be linked to a person. if that person's name is known, the person's location can be traced. if the location can be traced, then bad things can happen.

As was said, I had no idea I could see the names or I wouldn't have done it in the first place.  And I closed the poll shortly after learning that.  Though I still don't know how it is done, and therefore still have not seen any names, and I don't even want to, I wasn't coming to steal your stuff you insufferable, neurotic, sons of...  Sorry, sorry, got away from me a bit there.  It was building up.  

Be that as it may, in the brief time it was up it was optional and just for fun.  You don't like it, move on.  Problem solved.  Just like if someone posts an overpriced comic.  :) :):) 

Edited by Poekaymon

2 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

:whee:

The only thing that hurts is this meeting I am in right now.  This is quickly becoming another meeting of, "no progress has been made, we still have no idea what to do..."

and my eye is twitching so much on screen that I was just privately texted about it... 

Wait, are you in this meeting with me?

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

It was a stupid and invasive post. Anybody who replied is either bragging or an incredible egotist.

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Collection.jpg.ce788c119d332a9ea3000391fb9c368e.jpg

eyebrows.jpg.fe96618baf1a24f49f65b12a78ac3b4f.jpg

12 minutes ago, Will78 said:

Check the other thread Sparky.

I said >> I << still haven't seen any, not that it's impossible. There's a way to do it, apparently, but I have no idea what it is, and I'm not going to try to find out because I never did care about names.  Therefore, not only have I not seen the names so far, I never will. 

Edited by Poekaymon