• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who’s Greggy?
3 3

114 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

:signofftopic:     

And just who in the Hell is Gregg? Whoever it is, sacrilege to mention him in a thread honoring the one, the only......  King Greggy! (worship)

It’s the UK’s biggest bakery chain.

To link with another thread in General, they do a great apple turnover.

Greggs_3011045b.jpg

Edited by Ken Aldred

Just now, James J Johnson said:

We should make Greggs the forum's official apple turnover. That is, unless we already have an official apple turnover. 

I just read a review...

“The turnover boffins at Greggs have clearly done their maths; the ratio of pastry to apple to cream is sublime, with no particular element overshadowing the others, yet the subtleties of the cubed citrus delights and intricacies of the sweet dairy foam are equally present for the eager eater to appreciate.”

So, the boards won’t be disappointed.

9 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

I just read a review...

“The turnover boffins at Greggs have clearly done their maths; the ratio of pastry to apple to cream is sublime, with no particular element overshadowing the others, yet the subtleties of the cubed citrus delights and intricacies of the sweet dairy foam are equally present for the eager eater to appreciate.”

Their maths; plural!! Not just one math, but two separate and different maths. I always suspected there was more to math than meets the eye. Another math. Like matter and dark matter. Math and math. Combine the two in the right ratio and quantum mechanics be damned, the result will be the greatest apple turnover in this universe or any other! 

15 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

I just read a review...

That's as good a reason as any to nominate Greggs as the official apple turnover of Greggy. And Greggs and Greggy as the official boffins of the CGC forum!! 

3 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

The board's mascot and once top poster. 

I joined too late but from what I could tell from the archives,  he was a very early board member and went on a bunch of epic adventures.

CBED056C-A482-4518-8C47-094293D3C6A8.jpe

Regretably; tragically, I missed all of that. But going by pictures like this, I can only imagine the magnitude of these historically magical adventures!  

4 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Regretably; tragically, I missed all of that. But going by pictures like this, I can only imagine the magnitude of these historically magical adventures!  

I agree.  I mean even in 2007 he was a board legend... Crazy it's 2020 and its still growing..

17 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Their maths; plural!! Not just one math, but two separate and different maths. I always suspected there was more to math than meets the eye. Another math. Like matter and dark matter. Math and math. Combine the two in the right ratio and quantum mechanics be damned, the result will be the greatest apple turnover in this universe or any other! 

It’s British English.

We do maths rather than math.

23 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Looks like the board was more cohesive and members met up back then...

Can't imagine the craziness they partook in back then...   I recognize a few comic legends in the thread there like skao   @Comics4All

Edited by Wolverinex

9 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

It’s British English.

We do maths rather than math.

I get it. Put that way, it makes perfect sense. Like we choose truth over facts, our brethren across the pond choose maths over math. So what, right? 

Edited by James J Johnson

3 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Looks like the board was more cohesive and members met up back then...

Can't imagine the craziness they partook in back then...  

Wouldn't be possible now. Greggy would draw crowds in many multiples of the now Covid-19 imposed 50 person limit. 

1 minute ago, James J Johnson said:

Wouldn't be possible now. Greggy would draw crowds in many multiples of the now Covid-19 imposed 50 person limit. 

Also seems like he was a great seller and  had a very good reputation as well.  Lots of people seemed very pleased with his sales.    Guess, he was just an all around excellent dude and obviously very active in the community.    Anyway, that's the most I can find...  hope this helps the OP in some way.  Going back to watching a movie.

2 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:
5 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Also seems like he was a great seller and  had a very good reputation as well.  Lots of people seemed very pleased with his sales.    Guess, he was just an all around excellent dude and obviously very active in the community.    Anyway, that's the most I can find...  hope this helps the OP in some way.  Going back to watching a movie.

It's his Christmas raffle box that made him legendary

1 minute ago, Senormac said:

It's his Christmas raffle box that made him legendary

Yup. He’s renowned for putting together brilliant mystery boxes.