• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Graham Crackers Chicago Loop store looted, many books taken
1 1

116 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, kav said:

dont forget the looters receieve harsh looks from the authorities and that should be punishment enough!!!

And for effect, "that look" is always most effectively delivered if you make that "tsootsin" annoyed sound, sort of like a "tisk" (tongue snapped against the teeth and roof of the mouth).

2 minutes ago, oldmilwaukee6er said:
15 hours ago, DR.X said:

Right up there with Old Milwaukee or Milwaukee's best.

I feel attacked 😂

If I was going to attack anyone it would be Sean Fingh and his love for Stroh's.

8 minutes ago, jaybuck43 said:
15 minutes ago, DR.X said:

If I was going to attack anyone it would be Sean Fingh and his love for Stroh's.

I didn’t know anyone liked stroh’s

the smell of the garbage made me sick. " fire brewed " or something like that.

13 hours ago, Mercury Man said:

Deep Dish rules though.   And Chicago Dogs are better than Coney Island Dogs. 

People seem to confuse Coney hotdogs, which come out of Detroit or someplace with Coney Island style hotdogs ,which are Nathans. They are worlds apart.

4 minutes ago, shadroch said:

People seem to confuse Coney hotdogs, which come out of Detroit or someplace with Coney Island style hotdogs ,which are Nathans. They are worlds apart.

They both slap 'meat sauce' on them though, don't they?   :sick:

Just now, Mercury Man said:

They both slap 'meat sauce' on them though, don't they?   :sick:

No. A Nathans hot dog is all beef  served on a bun with mustard or relish. No extra toppings. They generally are bun sized, although I prefer the slightly longer "bigger than the bun" style myself. I'm not sure how the midwestern style dog became known as Coney Island dogs but I assure you you will never find one of the Coney Island boardwalk, where Nathans made hot dogs famous.

14 minutes ago, shadroch said:

Deep dish is great but i need to shovel a couple of Tums in me before bedtime.

5 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

Yes. They're all alive and unhurt, the loss was minimal, compared to life, limb, breakage and fire, and none of them went to jail and will not have to spend tens of thousands of dollars on legal counsel because of being arrested and charged for defending themselves and/or the store. They got off light compared to how heavy a lift, during and after, it could have been. Blessings should always be counted when you lose something, sometimes alot, but don't lose yourself, friends, or family in the process. 

image.gif.8082296b65504e9e5ec1fe60749abeb5.gif

6 hours ago, James J Johnson said:
10 hours ago, mattn792 said:

“Winner”?  You can’t be serious.

Yes. They're all alive and unhurt, the loss was minimal, compared to life, limb, breakage and fire, and none of them went to jail and will not have to spend tens of thousands of dollars on legal counsel because of being arrested and charged for defending themselves and/or the store. They got off light compared to how heavy a lift, during and after, it could have been. Blessings should always be counted when you lose something, sometimes alot, but don't lose yourself, friends, or family in the process. 

This is the kind of thinking that makes me wretch :censored:

4 hours ago, Senormac said:

This is the kind of thinking that makes me wretch :censored:

If you're cursing me out, you forgot, the comma after the word "wretch". How ironic that even on a comic book message board, there are Rambos who can easily take on an angry, brick and bat wielding mob, single-handedly and walk away unscathed. Until they're faced with it, and then realize that they're not Rambo; that they're anything but Rambo, most often than not that realization coming a little too late. . 

4 hours ago, mattn792 said:

image.gif.8082296b65504e9e5ec1fe60749abeb5.gif

Is this someone going for a swim that didn't notice the pool was drained before he jumped in? No, it is not. And it's not a street-swimmer, the human equivalent of a land shark. It's a Dallas store owner, that tried, quite unsuccessfully and to his peril, to defend his store against looting that unlike many who feel they're equipped to handle a mob, also wasn't Rambo. He now lays contorted on the ground in the type of agony that he would be more blessed to pass out from than continue to endure. he will never be the same. Ever. If he survives the multiple filed-goal-like kicks and brick blows to his head, there are parts of him that will never be the same again. Not even close to being the same again. I would estimate that whatever merchandise Jamie lost, on a whole, he fared better than this Dallas man.Wouldn't you agree? Even if you are the second coming of Rambo?  

Bricks.jpg

Edited by James J Johnson

@James J Johnson - I know you’re of the opinion that no civilian anywhere can competently defend themself, and that’s cool.  You can be a patsy if you like.  But there’s plenty of folks walking around this country that will prove that assertion very wrong. 

Talking about Graham’s loop location once more - the doorway is an immediate fatal funnel.  The front windows can be secured by a few strategically placed busted out display cases filled with broken glass.  Two people with solid fundamentals in the use of a 12 gauge can accomplish the rest.