• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need some help with a High Res scan of JIM 104.
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

I'm doing a project with a Chic Stone cover recreation of Journey into Mystery 104. I need a high res scan (TIFF) of this front cover (600 dpi), but most importantly I need it to be a copy with EXCELLENT registration because I'm recreating all the stats. I've looked at several copies at this point and there are some with perfect registration, but I don't want to shell out hundred of dollars on a copy if I can get a scan from someone here.

If someone can help, it would be much appreciated and I'll make it worth your time for a scan of the front cover that I can use!

Thank you,

Phill

26 minutes ago, Phill the Governor said:

Hey everyone,

I'm doing a project with a Chic Stone cover recreation of Journey into Mystery 104. I need a high res scan (TIFF) of this front cover (600 dpi), but most importantly I need it to be a copy with EXCELLENT registration because I'm recreating all the stats. I've looked at several copies at this point and there are some with perfect registration, but I don't want to shell out hundred of dollars on a copy if I can get a scan from someone here.

If someone can help, it would be much appreciated and I'll make it worth your time for a scan of the front cover that I can use!

Thank you,

Phill

I have a tiff file of this book that's 6 mb in size.  But the comic is no longer in my possession, so a re-scan will not be possible.  I also have scans of a non-slabbed copy, but it's only in below fine condition.  Let me know if either might suit your need, and I can send a scan to you via private message or e-mail:

JIM104cgc.jpg.4ab115a1f8cddab1f70ffc4561033638.jpg

Edited by namisgr

3 hours ago, namisgr said:

I have a tiff file of this book that's 6 mb in size.  But the comic is no longer in my possession, so a re-scan will not be possible.  I also have scans of a non-slabbed copy, but it's only in below fine condition.  Let me know if either might suit your need, and I can send a scan to you via private message or e-mail:

JIM104cgc.jpg.4ab115a1f8cddab1f70ffc4561033638.jpg

It certainly couldn't hurt! But I may need a different one since part of the Marvel Comics Group box and stats are cut off.

I have a raw copy I'd peg at around a 9.2/9.4. I can give you a 600 dpi scan of this book but I don't know how to put it on the forum. I can however email you a pdf if you want to PM me your email address. But, it's not CGC...not sure if it has to be. Let me know. Be glad to help out. I'm pretty sure you can drop in a pdf into your art program and do what you have to. If not, I can import it into Corel and export a Tiff if it's necessary. 

Edited by ninanina
additional info

On 8/12/2020 at 4:08 PM, Phill the Governor said:

It certainly couldn't hurt! But I may need a different one since part of the Marvel Comics Group box and stats are cut off.

Did you try searching Heritage?

They offer free access to their database and have large scans.

3 hours ago, VintageComics said:

Did you try searching Heritage?

They offer free access to their database and have large scans.

Heritage is always my first stop. For this specific job I can't flex it and work from something lower res, so unfortunately for this issue there were no issues sold in the last few years that have great registration like I need.