• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the best mylite/fullback size for silver age books?
1 1

14 posts in this topic

I am making my first E. Gerber purchase but am debating between Standard and Silver/Golden. I want to make sure my silver age books are properly protected with enough overlap on the fullback. On the other hand, I don't want the comic moving around in the bag. Anyone have some experience with what size is best for Silver Age books?

1 hour ago, Motor City Rob said:

I am making my first E. Gerber purchase but am debating between Standard and Silver/Golden. I want to make sure my silver age books are properly protected with enough overlap on the fullback. On the other hand, I don't want the comic moving around in the bag. Anyone have some experience with what size is best for Silver Age books?

I did that silver/golden but take into account the box your going to put them in as the silver/golden don’t fit the standard boxes well I had to store them in the CGC size boxes and then they move around a bit and have to fill in the edges so they don’t. The standard silver fits snuggly in the regular boxes. There’s a thread about the sizes here in the site take a look around for it. 

I do as Robot Man does. SA/GA with fullbacks in magazine boxes. They work well for my '70s and '80s books, too. I also buy from HotFlips, eGerber direct can be a little slow. Placed an online order last Wednesday and it arrived on Monday.

1 hour ago, Pontoon said:

I do as Robot Man does. SA/GA with fullbacks in magazine boxes. They work well for my '70s and '80s books, too. I also buy from HotFlips, eGerber direct can be a little slow. Placed an online order last Wednesday and it arrived on Monday.

They are a bit slower to get to the shipping part. I think it was a week and half last month before they shipped but it did arrive cross country in three days.

And it is quite the savings as I ordered a thousand Standard Mylites2 and halfbacks and with shipping it works out to 28 cents per book.