• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So much for the "CBCS has tougher grading for 9.8..."
1 1

108 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, SuperZar said:

Possibly they do have tougher 9.8 criteria.  CGC slab below just sold on Heritage.  Notice the giant crease right side of cover that was obviously pressed?  Looks terrible on the edge too.  What grade would you give it?  Certainly not a 9.8!

955840350_lf(1).thumb.jpg.4eb5ebcafd514ddc355991b5ed85f904.jpg

If you blow up the scan on Heritage's site, on the right edge I see 3 tears & 3 color breaking creases.

50 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

rss = resources? 

Yeah sorry for the short form 

On 8/13/2020 at 3:18 PM, god503 said:

why not if there is no color break?

There is indeed a color break. That is how you can see it so obviously!  Anyways, I'm not the only one who agrees this grading is sh*t.  See new thread ....

On 8/13/2020 at 7:12 PM, lou_fine said:

Does any boardie here have any idea as to whatever became of our good old economics prof, Boston Corbett, who was so intent on schooling all of us on the merits of paying over $12K for a CGC 9.9 graded copy of NM 98?  lol

I assume there's zero chance his copy was the one that was upgraded to CGC 10.0 or else he would still be on these boards lecturing us to death :blahblah:  :blahblah:, instead of slinking away as his copy dropped in value by half for the next several years.  :insane:

The 10 was not his.  Pretty sure it was Foolkiller that got the 10.   

SO AN UPDATE ON THE ORIGINAL TOPIC....

So the CCS people came through and made up for the 9.8 to 9.6 downgrade on NM 98

Xmen 101 was a 9.6. Coming back a 9.8!!!!!!!!! With Claremont sig..   :headbang:

AND MY GSXM 1 WAS A 9.4...   NOW 9.6 WITH SIG...  :golfclap::banana:(worship):cloud9:.  

When I picked up those 2 books I took a gamble that they did not get pressed because they were slabbed years ago...  good thing I had my contacts in... lol

Edited by god503

Just now, god503 said:

SO AN UPDATE ON THE ORIGINAL TOPIC....

So the CCS people came through and made up for the 9.8 to 9.6 downgrade on NM 98

Xmen 101 was a 9.6. Coming back a 9.8!!!!!!!!! With Claremont sig..   :headbang:

AND MY GSXM 1 WAS A 9.4...   NOW 9.6 WITH SIG...  :golfclap::banana:(worship):cloud9:.  

When I picked up those 2 books I took a gamble that they did not get pressed because they were stabbed years ago...  good thing I had my contacts in... lol

You might be the luckiest :censored: I've ever met....how hard was it for them to grade my UCX a 9.9?

:roflmao: