• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Insight into the high prices for X men 107 ?

10 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to start a discussion or spark some thoughts on why this particular issue is commanding such high prices. Is it scarce in high grade ? Do the Starjammers really have more draw as a first appearance than Phoenix ? 

Thanks, CB

My theory is that it's going up due to the speculation that the MCU is heading in a more cosmic direction so anything in that realm will go up.  Also, the Mouse buying Fox brings the inevitable introduction of the X-Men and associated characters, factions, etc into the MCU.  

On 8/13/2020 at 11:58 AM, Bowenfire said:

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to start a discussion or spark some thoughts on why this particular issue is commanding such high prices. Is it scarce in high grade ? Do the Starjammers really have more draw as a first appearance than Phoenix ? 

Thanks, CB

How much  has it increased? 

I agree it may due to expectations of Disney and such, and that goes along with the whole GSXM 1 x-men 94 to 138 or 139 run lol

I can only hope but it's been done repeatedly to minimal success, its probably old to the public. As far as new stuff to be done with the run, sure maybe Disney can do it better I hope  :)

It's a goldmine that expectations are for the meanwhile turning the gears....

They'll probably mess up the Imperial Guard / M'Kraan Crystal / Starjammers storyline as badly as The Dark Phoenix Saga was handled.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 8/13/2020 at 10:58 AM, Bowenfire said:

Hello Everyone,

Thanks, CB

When you have a question like this, always look at the Census numbers first.