• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WALL BOOK DISPLAYS
2 2

17 posts in this topic

Good day everyone!

I asked this question in my journal but did not have much response so will try here in CG :foryou:

Given that I will likely not be doing ANY local shows anytime soon, it looks like I may have some free time to finally upgrade my wall book display.  Maybe lol.  I'm just wondering if anyone would like to share pics and/or plans of their wall display set up to "borrow" and share ideas - And while I have had a couple shared, with con season basically not happening this year, who wouldn't want to see some sweet wall displays and books too???

2 hours ago, Wall-Crawler said:

Thanks for this...I did look but I am HORRIBLE with the search function...Should have figured this was covered already...

The In-house search function is useless.

Google is the only way to find anything posted here....

2 hours ago, shortboxed said:

Here's our show setup. Photos are from C2E2 this year.

We worked with an industrial design agency to design and build these. Overkill? Probably, but the goal was to have a super high quality, modular system that we can arrange in various configurations, display slabs, be easy to setup and tear down, and easy to travel with. There are four racks total, two on each side that lock together. One rack can be built in about 5 minutes. Strong enough to be climbed like a ladder. Made from powder-coated aluminum. Two racks can be shipped in a single case which weighs around 100lbs, pictured below.

It was not cheap and we are not producing them for sale or selling the design, but I'd be glad to share additional photos if you want to use it for inspiration.

-Gene

IMG_20200226_120552.jpg

Man I love this- and the clean simplicity of the entire booth, hope to see it in person soon- nice work!  

Nice displays.  I had initially planned to display a bunch of books on the wall.  One of my first threads after registering on this forum was about that--and I received a great deal of negativity and people warning about damage to books (fading, primarily, as I recall) even when I said it'd be a light controlled room with only LED lighting.  Not sure where all those people are now.  Wondering if any of you have been doing it for years and noticed anything, or if you took before/after pics to compare or anything like that.  The naysayers still have me scared, but I like what I'm seeing here.

Edited by Poekaymon

On 8/15/2020 at 3:55 PM, Poekaymon said:

Nice displays.  I had initially planned to display a bunch of books on the wall.  One of my first threads after registering on this forum was about that--and I received a great deal of negativity and people warning about damage to books (fading, primarily, as I recall) even when I said it'd be a light controlled room with only LED lighting.  Not sure where all those people are now.  Wondering if any of you have been doing it for years and noticed anything, or if you took before/after pics to compare or anything like that.  The naysayers still have me scared, but I like what I'm seeing here.

I've done it for years with no impact on the comics at all.  The key is to actually make sure the comics aren't seeing direct spotlight.  I have regular shade curtains and then blackout curtains on top of that.  The room is also light controlled in that its only on when someone is in the room which is not often.

Some great displays in this thread and one of the best professional displays i've seen by @shortboxed.