• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price billed higher than the submission invoice
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I submitted 3 books for fast track modern. the submission total was $101. After being received, I was billed $125. How can CGC just tack on an increase the submission didn't cover without any notification? Just want some clarity on this. Cost me 151 before (37.75/per book) for four modern fast track under $200 value books and now 125 for 3 of the same type (41.66/per book)? That doesn't add up.

They do this all the time.  Not at all saying the total is wrong, but they are the least transparent of any company I have ever dealt with.  Frequently comes to a different number than you planned on. 

Usually an added tier fee of $5, or higher shipping than anticipated due to insurance, higher estimated weight, signature confirmation, residential delivery, you name it. 

There should always be a way to find out without calling CS or accounting, but there isn't.  With multiple invoices being different, I have had to call accounting to request a statement (on their insistence, their procedure) and go over it item by item.  This should always be available to you, but again, no.

Then go over it with the accountant on the phone to make corrections, or find out why it is correct.  Say hi to Jose in accounting for me when you call.

3 hours ago, netacid said:

I submitted 3 books for fast track modern. the submission total was $101. After being received, I was billed $125. How can CGC just tack on an increase the submission didn't cover without any notification? Just want some clarity on this. Cost me 151 before (37.75/per book) for four modern fast track under $200 value books and now 125 for 3 of the same type (41.66/per book)? That doesn't add up.

Which books are they? CGC will upgrade the tier to their disgression.

Can you post a pic of your original order?