• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buy, sell, trade question (Crow #1)

23 posts in this topic

I own a raw copy of The Crow # 1 in what I believe is 9.2 to 9.4 condition and also own a Invincible #1 in 9.2 to 9.4 condition (maybe a 9.6 with a press). I would like to get them slabbed. I would like to get a Marvel Premiere 15 and NYX #3. My question is what do you believe is a better long term investment, grade and keep or grade and sell / trade. I got the Crow and Invincible years and years ago for less than $5 each, I dont think I am personally attached to them, although I dont think I would sell them out right without upgrading up on my want list.

Thoughts??

Top 10 pic.jpg

Edited by Ducky13

If it was just the one book and you wanted $400 per book of insurance while at cgc

That would be the economy tier, which is $38

So 2 books is $76

+ $5 processing 

And about $16 shipping back

+the $8 to ship to cgc

So about $97 to grade both invincible and Crow, they may be worth more depending 9n grade but I dont "think" it would get bumped up a tier

If you just straight up shipped it modern tier, all the costs would be the same except the $38, which would be only $20.... so you'd save $36 but insurance per book at cgc would only be $200

@Ducky13

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

If it was just the one book and you wanted $400 per book of insurance while at cgc

So 2 books is $76

+ $5 processing 

+the $8 to ship to cgc

So about $97 to grade both invincible and Crow, they may be worth more depending 9n grade but I dont "think" it would get bumped up a tier

If you just straight up shipped it modern tier, all the costs would be the same except the $38, which would be only $20.... so you'd save $36 but insurance per book at cgc would only be $200

@Ducky13

+ pressing 

6 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

+ pressing 

Ya lol

And I dont know the costs to press, only done 3 from different people in 4 years, I think Joey is $10 per a modern

Dont quote me cause the ones I've done have been older books

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ya lol

And I dont know the costs to press, only done 3 from different people in 4 years, I think Joey is $10 per a modern

Dont quote me cause the ones I've done have been older books

I think pre 1975 was $15 not sure with modern but want to say $10

And wanted to add there isn't an extra shipping charge, just to joey and he gets them to cgc, pretty sure:wishluck:

With covid he may not be able to drop off idk

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

So 2 books is $76

+ $5 processing 

+the $8 to ship to cgc

@Ducky13

Is the cost of submission for these 2 books worth the price, taking into account the possibility of selling to essentially trade for  MP15 and NYX3 ?

2 minutes ago, Ducky13 said:

Is the cost of submission for these 2 books worth the price, taking into account the possibility of selling to essentially trade for  MP15 and NYX3 ?

I really don't know much about invincible, I went to college with someone who read and collected but I don't know value. Check grades sold of 1st print crow on ebay, they go for some coin

But in the end this is a personal decision if that makes sense, you would have to decide, but it would be close to cost depending on what grades of mp15 and nyx3 .....

I mean if you're coll with the no 9.8 scenario, I think you could afford a high grade of at least one with the crow, but I don't know invincible...

3 hours ago, littledoom said:

Hold onto the Crow and Invincible 1's longer bth have massive upside and potential for growth (neither has seen live action development) whereas X-23 and Iron First are dead characters who've already appeared in media and

The Crow hasn't seen live-action development?? Pretty sure it's had a number of movies. Invincible is coming to Amazon Prime as a cartoon supposedly this year. Why do we talk about funny-books as though they're part of a stock portfolio? Strange times.