• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So finally pulled the trigger thread....
2 2

68 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, William-James88 said:

Great idea for a thread, sorry it devolved into off topic shenanigans but I do have a legit answer for you. That happened to me too very recently. Since March 3rd, I noticed that Mycomicshop had a Master Comics 25. The price was ok but not great. Technically it was the cheapest option I could ever get for that book but also the highest I would pay for that specific grade historically speaking (there are only like 20 books graded and only a couple get sold per year so it's not super obvious to determine a trend). Long story short, 4 months later I said "the hell with it" and pulled the trigger. I knew that if I kept stalking the book and one day I wouldn't see it, I would feel bad. 

Now I have it and I feel great!

1612823663_Mastercomics25.PNG.5a7a3554f7e372886a1f74df5125fc99.PNG

Awesome story and book!   FYI  That were I got AMS 252 from as well!!!!  Had to wait and fight for a doable price.

1 hour ago, Lurker89 said:

Living on a budget with kids, while being in my early 30's, in the tax saturated Northeast has meant purchasing any one of my personal grail keys has been methodically planned out. I'm already tapped out this year. I know what books I'm buying for the next two years. I have plans for the next five years.

This year's books were an upgrade for my WBN 32 and Hunting down a Warrior Magazine #1. Both aquired through these boards and some awesome boardies. Next year my goal is a 6.0 Marvel Spotlight #5. Followed by ASM 129 and HOS 92. 

IMG_20200719_195928522.thumb.jpg.9ab2eb5d570ce93f48ba5590619ef30c.jpg

IMG_20200731_091508890.thumb.jpg.a92a7835e6546129c910940f86894167.jpg

Thats is dedication my friends.  Hope u get that asm 129.  

I would fill this thread with books because I have stalked all the books that I own and stalk all the books I'm looking to buy for months and years...even modern raws. At any given time I'm stalking like 70-100 books. Sometimes I pull the trigger when the timing and conditions are right and other times its forced.

Am I stalking your books...I could be.

-justafan (aka thebookstalker)

Just now, justafan said:

I would fill this thread with books because I have stalked all the books that I own and stalk all the books I'm looking to buy for months and years...even modern raws. At any given time I'm stalking like 70-100 books. Sometimes I pull the trigger when the timing and conditions are right and other times its forced.

Am I stalking your books...I could be.

-justafan (aka thebookstalker)

Go for it. U got to put a story behind each though...  :popcorn:

I like the thread idea. My ASM300 9.6 was a stalked book for a while 2 yrs ago. I finally pulled the trigger on one via eBay for $630 shipped. 
Just last month I finally pulled the trigger on UF4 9.8 at $900. I almost bought one in Feb for $450. I finally stopped feeling sorry for myself for not buying it pre-Rona and paid up. Hard to believe $900 was a great price.

I won’t post pics thanks to CGC’s rules. They are graded by Mr Borock’s current company. (: