• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Whiz Comics 78 Grade is In
1 1

22 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

7.5 IMO.

1 hour ago, KCOComics said:

10 hours ago, allthingskryptonite said:

Looks really nice.

10 hours ago, mstrange said:

7.0 Nice book

Thanks all. What would you all say is keeping this book from being a higher grade?

3 hours ago, vheflin said:

For wear, looks around a 9.0 but the strike is weak, looks faded.

That's why the 7.0 range, I think.

Somebody didn't oil the press.  3rd shift and half the crew was passed out in the break room.lol

Nevertheless, a nice high grade copy you have there.(thumbsu

I say 7.5.

Thanks! I see what you mean and I agree with all those points. The colours are off, for sure, I just didn't know if that would intervene with the grade since it isn't the same as wear. I guess we'll find out when the results are back.

Edited by William-James88

On 8/19/2020 at 10:57 AM, mysterymachine said:

Dirt on back cover, tiny chip on top edge back cover, fold (or mark?) on back lower corner. book is off center, tanning on back. As is, it is 7.5.  A clean and press should get you to at least 8.0

Thanks fir the detailed breakdown. Oddly enough, the book's most glaring issue is a non colour breaking crease on the bottom right of the front cover but it is really hard to see in the scan. Pressing will remove it.

Edited by William-James88

3 hours ago, FoggyNelson said:

You have nice Capt Marvel comics👍👍😷

Thanks Foggy, I am rather proud of that, I left a link at the bottom to another one I am proud to own. I love the fact that such nice copies of these rare books can still be affordable so I am enjoying it while it lasts (and while I still can afford it). Gonna get some of these pressed and graded so we'll see how they turn out.