• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Closed
1 1

88 posts in this topic

49 minutes ago, crassus said:

Incredible Hulk 126 7.0 (Bright & glossy; light to mod spine & edge wear, mainly sm cb ding left top edge fc & center left edge bc; light to mod cb spine stress; sm cb crse br crnr fc; hard cb impact btm spine fc & bc; v faint ncb fold ur crnr fc; pencil arrival date ul crnr fc; cb crse ul crnr bc; v v sm production cuts btm left edge bc; v sm printer's crse ul edge bc; light foxing interior cvrs; light to mod foxing & ink transfer bc) $20.00

IH-126-CopyB-fc.jpg

IH-126-CopyB-bc.jpg

Take please 

6 hours ago, crassus said:

Fantastic Four 41 6.0 (Bright & glossy; presents better but an accumulation of cb surface wear & foxing/stains btm left bc; light to mod spine & edge wear, mainly r-edge fc, l-edge bc with sm 1/4" tear & left btm edge fc near spine; light to mod cb spine stress; crnr blunting with v sm cb crses all 4 crnrs; faint cb surface wear center r-edge fc; d-shdw along r-edge fc; ink arrival date top fc; book has a slight production cut & fold defect, 1st half of book has edges cut close to the panels, only on p. 3-4 does it very slightly impinge on the panels, whereas 2nd half of book has normal margins, see pics below, more available upon request; otherwise all attached, staples clean, no odours, nice OW-W PQ) $25.00

FF-41-fc.jpg

FF-41-bc.jpg

FF-41-interior1.jpg

FF-41-interior2.jpg

Take please

Adventures into the Unknown 5 4.0 (Bright with good colours but reduced gloss & reflectivity; all firmly attached; rust on staples with migration & sm stains at cf; mod to heavy spine & edge wear throughout, mainly sm chips out upper left edge bc & larger crnr chip out bl bc; 1/2" tear upper r-edge fc just below "10c"; partial reader's crse center spine fc; crnr blunting; general surface wear with localized stains typical of grade bc; light to mod tanning interior cvrs; light to mod foxing & ink transfer bc; PQ is OW) $95.00 SOLD

Adventures into the Unknown 170 6.5 (Bright & glossy; presents as higher but main defect is heavy cb spine wear btm 1/2 of spine; otherwise light to mod edge wear; cb crses ur & bl crnrs fc; printer's crse bc; sm cb crse bl crnr bc; mod tanning interior cvrs; light to mod foxing & ink transfer bc and) Claimed

Adv-Uknwn-ACG-5-fc.jpg

Adv-Uknwn-ACG-5-bc.jpg

Adv-Uknwn-ACG-170-fc.jpg

Adv-Uknwn-ACG-170-bc.jpg

Edited by crassus

Iron Man 4 book lot (NOTE: All books in this lot have date stamps fc) $8.00

129 8.5 (cb spine stress, bindery scuff top, edge wear top bc)

130 6.5 (structurally 9.0 but sm localized dirt particles/stains bc

140 7.5 (hard cb impact top spine fc & bc)

142 9.0 (sm ding top edge fc & v slight stacking fold, ink transfer bc, otherwise superior colours & gloss & White pages)

IM-4bkLot-fc.jpg

IM-4bkLot-bc.jpg

Conan 4 book lot $8.00

115 7.5 (sm crnr crses ur & br fc

119 8.5 (sm crses & crnr blunting, sm ding top edge bc

121 9.0 (cb spine stress

161 9.2 (v light spine & edge wear)

Conan-4bkLot-fc.jpg

Conan-4bkLot-bc.jpg

BA Marvel Reprint 4 book lot $15.00

MGC 36 8.0 (light edge wear, light tanning, foxing & stacking transfer bc)

MGC 38 7.5 (cb spine stress & surface wear near spine fc, light tanning, mod foxing & ink transfer bc)

MTA 12 7.5 (presents as 8.5 but impact br crnr effects whole book with partial cb crses/folds br crnr fc & bl crnr bc; d-stamp fc)

MSH 36 9.2 (light cb spine stress, glossy superior copy)

Reprint-4BkLot-fc.jpg

Reprint-4BkLot-bc.jpg

SA "WTF?" 2 book lot FREE with Next Purchase

But you have to actually want it....

(:gossip: Get out your Simpsons' "Beer Goggles", you'll think it's a Teen Titans 1 and a Hulk 4!)

Tippy Teen 14 3.5 (all attached, mod edge wear, sm tears, cb crses, sm spine split etc)

Hunk 4 5.0 (nicer fc, but white stains top bc & interior bc, but not interior, if you care...)

WTF-2bkLot-fc.jpg

WTF-2bkLot-bc.jpg

Ok that will conclude the day for me, I will be back in the morning with a recap and some soothing idyllic scenes of country life to help relieve the stress surrounding the imminent end of the world...

...that said, I am still always happy to hear PM offers... 

Many thanks to everyone for having a look, and my special thanks to those who made purchases :smile:

16 hours ago, crassus said:

Incredible Hulk 115 6.5 (Bright & glossy; light to mod spine & edge wear, mainly lower r-edge fc & left edge bc; light to mod cb spine stress; sm cb thumb crse left top edge fc above the "T" in main title; cb crses ur & br crnrs fc; cb crse ul crnr bc; light to mod tanning interior cvrs; light to mod foxing & ink transfer bc; PQ is on the creamier side of CR-OW) $12.00

IH-115-fc.jpg

IH-115-bc.jpg

:takeit:But I'm still not clollecting 'em.

On 8/17/2020 at 5:48 AM, crassus said:

Fantastic Four 61 7.5 (Bright and glossy; light to mod spine & edge wear, mainly left upper edge fc with adjacent faint cb crse just above "The World's"; light to mod cb spine wear; main thing is a light impact ur producing a sm faint mainly ncb fold ur crnr fc but a harder full cb crse ul crnr bc, and which determined grade; light tanning interior cvrs; light to mod foxing & ink transfer bc) $40.00 SOLD

FF-61-fc.jpg

FF-61-bc.jpg

:takeit:per PM.  Thanks!

Thread Recap

More books coming today

Lots of great books still available 

Always happy to consider PM offers!

Many thanks to everyone for having a look :smile:

PAGE 1

Fantastic Four 40 7.5 $125.00 

Fantastic Four 43 7.5 $85.00 

Fantastic Four 69 7.5 $30.00

Fantastic Four 87 6.5 $20.00 

Fantastic Four 88 Q 8.5 $20.00 

Fantastic Four 98 7.0 $15.00 

Fantastic Four 103 7.5 $20.00

Fantastic Four 131 7.5 $10.00 

Fantastic Four 137 7.5 $10.00

PAGE 2 

Incredible Hulk 110 6.0 $12.00 

Incredible Hulk 111 7.5 $20.00

Incredible Hulk 116 7.0 $15.00 

Incredible Hulk 123 6.5 $10.00 

Incredible Hulk 136 7.0 $10.00 

PAGE 3

Adventures into the Unknown 5 4.0 $95.00 

Iron Man 4 book lot $8.00 

Conan 4 book lot $8.00  

BA Marvel Reprint 4 book lot $15.00  

21 minutes ago, crassus said:

So a recap is coming up, and I am preparing more books for today, but first as promised a few pretty pictures from Montreal's Mount Royal park, which I want to share because I've just about had it with city life, and it made me appreciate the significance of the park, and the creative concept of its original designer, the famous American landscape artist and architect Frederick Law Olmsted (1822-1903).

Mount Royal is one of 7 of Olmsted's major projects, the first being NY's Central Park. Briefly, Olmsted's basic idea was that industrialized urban life needed a counterpoint, an oasis, of naturalism, for the psychological and spiritual wellbeing of modern citizens. To me Olmsted is like 18th century romantic meets 19th century urban planner, so give people a real organic relationship with Nature in the midst of their industrialized urban labyrinth.

Mount Royal's elevation creates a unique effect. As you progress upwards you first leave the city and disappear into its green confines and then finally emerge up and on top of it, sharing the air above it, seeing the very city itself nestled into its own natural environment. Like any park it has its main "parkways" but it also has its' little trails and cascading vistas. In the park you can really feel like you left the city far, far behind, and that it could go on forever. 

So when we got back home, with the sounds of construction, road work, home reno, literally coming at me from all four compass points, I felt I should pay my respects to Olmsted. Thank You. Really.

I am not so good with pictures, but I took a few for those who've never been...

MountRoyal-1.jpg

MountRoyal-2a1.jpg

MountRoyal-2.jpg

Nice!  Being down the road in Ottawa, I always try to make a stop there if visiting.  Montreal sure loves their construction!