• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which comics do you have full runs of?
4 4

100 posts in this topic

I don't have that many anymore.  I used to have many runs.  The biggest being ASM 1 to 700, but reduced that to 1-50, 121, and 129.  These days, I generally tend to stick to small grouping of books.  For example, I'm currently working on a Avengers 1-10 run.

The two complete runs that I still have are:

What If Vol 1

Phantom Stranger (1952) 1-6, (BA) 1 - 42

I have full rums of:

Silver Surfer Vol 1 1-18

Silver Surfer Vol 3 1-146

Ironman Vol 1 1-332

The Spectre Vol 1 1-10

Area 88

All 3 Robotech titles

I also have large runs of Batman, Detective, ASM, Uncanny X-Men (I'm only 17 issues shy of having 1-400), Wolverine and others.

Psy

2 hours ago, piper said:

I will also add that I'm a huge fan of Omnibuses.  They collect full runs of books, take up less space, and they look pretty on my book shelf!

Yup. I have a lot of Omnibus editions, Absolutes and Archives, containing extensive runs, but very few runs as original copies.

I also have a lot of digital manga, runs which would take up huge amounts of space as physical copies.

at one point, the goal was x-men GS 1 thru 544, but space became an issue, so it got trimmed back to 300. honestly, if space weren’t an issue, i’d probably collect every wolverine appearance, but since that’s not feasible, my wolverine run got trimmed to wolverine 1-69. i’m tempted to cut to down to the end of the silvestri run at 58, but the tex run was entertaining.

6 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

Planet Comics 1-73

Planet Comics canadian

Conan the Barbarian 1-275 and all annuals

Savage Sword of Conan 1 - 235 and annual

Conan Saga

King Conan 

I am sure there are more 

Nice! I'm trying to finish off my Savage Sword Of run. By far my favorite series when it comes to art and story. 

1 hour ago, serling1978 said:

Nice! I'm trying to finish off my Savage Sword Of run. By far my favorite series when it comes to art and story. 

(thumbsu

I used to buy two dozen+ comics and a few magazines a month back in the day. Savage Sword was one of the first things read every month.

-bc

Reading thru the posts there are some beautiful runs and complete set, make me jealous. I have sold off and downsized a good deal of my collection over the years. I currently have complete runs of Rising stars including all known variants and Immortal Iron fist with all variants as well and numerous limited and mini series (but I dont know if they count in this instance)

2 hours ago, serling1978 said:

1 hour ago, bc said:

(thumbsu

I used to buy two dozen+ comics and a few magazines a month back in the day. Savage Sword was one of the first things read every month.

-bc

Reminded me that I still have a run of SSOC 1 to 50, and Savage Tales 1 to 11.

All I got is  Moon Knight 1st series 1-38 all in CGC 9.8 White,
Nick Fury 1-18 all in 9.4/9.6 White 
Need Iron Fist #7 to have all 1-15 in 9.6 White (Where the heck is #7 in 9.6 white???)
X-O Manowar  1-68  raw set  got the early issues in 9.8 White
Captain Marvel 1st series 2-62   looking for graded 9.6 white #1
Savage Tales 1-11 
Amazing Spider-man 42-400 or so, missing 50 ( :cry: had one sold it ), 51 and 129 (:cry:  had one sold it), couple of other issues I can't think of right now.

.....just chicken feed compared to all the complete runs of goodies I see listed here but I'm enjoying what I got.

Edited by musicmeta

12 hours ago, serling1978 said:

When it comes to both comics and the bathroom, I've got the runs. 

Incredible Hulk vol 1 #1-6

Incredible Hulk vol 2 #102-300 

X-men #1-310

Amazing Spiderman #1-400

Avengers #1-375

Tales of Suspense #39-67

Iron Man #1-300

Conan the Barbarian #1-220

Savage Sword of Conan #1-150

Spectacular Spiderman #1-200

The Defenders full run

Captain Marvel full run

Tomb of Dracula full run

Master of Kung Fu full run

Luke Cage/Powerman full run 

What If vol 1 full run

Marvel Team Up full run

Nova full run

Rom full run

The Invaders full run

The Champions full run

Kull the Conquerer full run 

Warlock /Warlock Strange Tales full run

Giant Superhero Holiday Grab Bag full 3 issue run!!! 

Very impressive 

5 hours ago, serling1978 said:

I just went for the Roy Thomas runs at the beginning and end... 1-60 and 190-235.  Maybe one of these years I should fill in the middle...

I also finished my run of Conan the Savage 1-10 a few months ago.  MUCH harder to find than the Savage Sword issues, despite being only 10 issues.