• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yo Ho Ho and a bottle of Newton Rings

27 posts in this topic

I think the worst part about these is when a seller doesn't note them and they don't show up on the scan they provide.  I got a cool Skottie Young SS book with no hint of the rings from the sellers scan.  When I got it in hand though it had a few, not many but enough to ruin the over all effect.  I live with it because I like the book and didn't want to return it, but it sucks nonetheless.

17 hours ago, 90sChild said:

Remember the days when you could fix it yourself with a piece of paper?

I have wondered if the auction houses have figured out a trick. When I look through ComicLink listings, I either don't see these, or just don't notice them.

Edited by DavidTheDavid

54 minutes ago, s-man said:

I think the worst part about these is when a seller doesn't note them and they don't show up on the scan they provide.  I got a cool Skottie Young SS book with no hint of the rings from the sellers scan.  When I got it in hand though it had a few, not many but enough to ruin the over all effect.  I live with it because I like the book and didn't want to return it, but it sucks nonetheless.

my opinion is no book should leave CGC with newton rings. While they don't hurt the book they look terrible.

This should be fixed but it isnt and it is probably because they ordered millions of the new case design.

37 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:

I have wondered if the auction houses have figured out a trick. When I look through ComicLink listings, I either don't see these, or just don't notice them.

They probably don't have the time to do it, and it only worked on old style cases with the slot in the side.  Perhaps they just send books back to CGC that have it or they scan it in a way it doesn't show up as much.