• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How to handle a NPB that lives locally and I know where?

105 posts in this topic

I had a recent bad run with a buyer lately bid up my ebay item 2135821519

CGC 7.0 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 42 1ST MARY JANE!

then left me hanging. Immediately after auction he asks me to relist and he'll pay for the listing fees, blaming his iunability to pay on sigmaguy. I demand payment and tell him that I'll find him if he lives in northern VA and that I will be paying him and his family a visit, and that I'm leaving with my money one way or another. He replies, agreeing to pay. No payment to date. I've gotten his ID "allsportsdoctor" suspended due to false contact info, but he sets up more as I'm about to find out So now I do a little detective work please read below. Do I now pay him a visit him and make sure he never sets up a fake ID on eBay ever again? Or do I report it to local authorites and keep a cool head? I'm definitely reporting him to eBay

> -----Original Message-----

> From: darthdiesel@yahoo.com [mailto:darthdiesel@yahoo.com]

> Sent: Monday, September 30, 2002 9:20 PM

> To:

> Subject: Question from eBay Member

>

>

>

> To member: sigmaguy

> From member: darthdiesel

>

> --------------------

>

>

> Do you have any clue who this allsportsdoctor, Danny Traylor guy

> is? He seems to be throwing your name around as an excuse for why

> he is not paying. If he is in Northern VA, I'm going to pay him a

> visit and get the money he owes me from his family. PLease let me

> know if you can be of any assistance. I have leads in Reston and

> Manassas - please let me know if you have a definite location for

> this guy. Thanks!

RESPONSE

I don't know where to start---but I can certainly help you with this

guy. I hope that this request for assistance is genuine---and that you are not

Thring abusing yet another Ebay policy again.

His name is Danny T*****--he uses Danny Traylor and numerous other

bogus ids to create user ids on Ebay. Why you may ask? To harass and increase bids which he has no intention of buying. 2 years ago he beat me out on a bid, and felt so smug that he emailed me out of the blue to brag about it.

Ever since, he has continued his harassment.

Here is a running list of Daniel T****g’s numerous Ebay user accounts,

and the action that Ebay has taken against them. Many of them (*) have

been suspended numerous times each

1. u-fell-4-the-bait-again-loser!! (suspended)

2. redskins-warpath (suspended)

3. rfk-rox-your-world! (suspended)*

4. hossier-daddy! (suspended)

5. semperfi_marine44 (suspended)

6. gay-mark-called-the-cops-like-a-little-scared-baby! (suspended)

7. sigma-this-tough-guy!!!! (suspended)

8. $244-for-gatorade-caps-and-lots-of-books!-marks-a-stupid-insufficiently_thoughtful_person!!

(suspended)

9. $prime-time$ (suspended)

10. riggos_rangers (suspended)

11. rfkrox (suspended)*

12. your-feedback-is-worthless!-u-waste-money-on-stupid-junk-insufficiently_thoughtful_person!

(suspended)

13. Sigmaguy-is-a-traitor!-he-loves-osama-bin-laden! (suspended)

14. keep-playing-your-childish-games-and-u-will-surely-pay!

(suspended)

15. allsportsdoctor (suspended)*

16. la_cityofangels

17. master-of-puppets--especially-my-puppet!--metallica-rules!

(suspended)

18. bwaa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha! (suspended)

I just made sure that Ebay suspended these three just in the past 2

days:

rfk-rox-your-world!

master-of-puppets--especially-my-puppet!--metallica-rules!

la_cityofangels

Obviously he has a problem. I do not recall seeing a single user ever

on Ebay needing so many different user ids---unless the intent was to

harass. If you look at some of the names, harassment seems to be the case in

most of them.

As you can see---"allsportsdoctor" was recently suspended because he

used a bogus address and telephone---and left negative feedback for a seller

on an auction he won. He won by mistake--as he exceed the reserve by

mistake, and became liable for it.

The game he plays is this:

He creates a bogus user id (like those shown above) and outbids me on

items I am bidding on. He often emails the seller to find out what the

reserve is---then bids within a penny of it---so that the next bidder breaks

the reserve. Believe it or not...

UNFORTUNATELY, sometimes he exceeds the reserve, and becomes liable for

it--though he never intended to win the auction anyway. This is why

his primary user id--"rfk-rox-your-world!", has 9 bid retractions in the

past 6 months. He exceeds the reserve--then is forced to retract or buy.

Danny T****g (aka, allsportsdoctor) is located at ***** S********* Way

in Manassas, VA. His phone number is 703 *******. I currently have

reports with federal and civil authorities on him, and he has a HUGE surprise

waiting right around the corner. His parents live at **** Dead ***

****, in McLean 703 *******.

Knowing him as well as I do, I bet he is blaming me for having

"allsportsdoctor" suspended---and therefore why he can't pay, right?

I would also go to Ebay Safeharbor and file a report on him---making

sure to reference Danny T****g and his rfk-rox-your-world! user id. This is

his primary user id, and to have that suspended permanently would do him

great harm. He has been able (even with all his games) to build up a good

amount of feedback.

Let me know how things work out.

May I see what he said about me?

Thanks

Hey Darth,

I'll send you my "9" along with some comic books to finish this guy mad.gif I truly do not understand Non-paying bidders, but scum like this pisses me off to no end. It is starting to me off more & more after reading this post. I'd love to choke the hole myself

I'll go ahead & share my recent NPB email! mad.gif

He sent the email to me & many others:speedjunkies69@hotmail.com,batdude@sympatico.ca,reaper017@hotmail.com,

transcanadacomics@sympatico.ca,pdispenza@hotmail.com,tjkcollect@mindspring.com

"Im writing to all of you because I won your auctions. Ive had some misfortune this week and I am not going to be able to pay for your auctions like I said I was going to be able to. If you are willing to give some time i can pay for them by the middle of october. again im sorry for any problems i may have caused any of you. If you want further information just email."

User ID: reina_euceda (3)

THE insufficiently_thoughtful_person WENT ON A SPENDING SPREE & CANT PAY! FUC$KIN !!!!!!!!!

He lives about 12 minutes drive from me. I will call him first, then his family if he is is a minor. Probably a college kid. If he is my age or older then there is no excuse for this immaturity and I won't feel like a bully asking for what is due me. Comic book "Sopranos"anyone?

I still wouldn't have sympathy for a "kid." mad.gif Maybe if he was like 10 or younger, but if he's older than that WTF is he thinking??? What kind of parents does he have? Immaturity does not include messing with people like this. This is just being an . If he's atleast 14 i'd have my younger cousins kick the out of him. mad.gif If he's older I'd give him a world class beating.

"Do I now pay him a visit him and make sure he never sets up a fake ID on eBay, much less type anything ever again?"

?????

Are you serious here?

Be pretty stupid to get yourself killed over a hundred bucks.

File a NPB report , get your final value fees back , relist.

Just my .02

M

HEHEH MATT! Wassup?!?!?!

That is true Darth. tongue.gif This kind of stuff pisses me off to no end, but that's the best thing to do smile.gif Relist, file the NPB, & get some of your fees back. The jack that's doing this will soon get his. (Hopefully soon!)

Darth:

I know of a guy who was in a similar situation and he went to the guys house and asked to be paid, the guy still didn't pay. So he watched the house a little and got an idea of the guys pattern. He went back late at night and slashed tires, keyed the car, and broke of the antenna and hood ornament. He said he felt much better when it was over, but I don't know what he could have been thinking. grin.gif

Phil

Matt - I'm just venting... but I'm serious about contacting him to set up payment for item owed. I'll have to consult with the authorites to figure out my options in getting fully compensated.

File a NPB report , get your final value fees back , relist.

Figures your resolution would be sympathetic to letting the fraud go unchecked and urge me to take the wussy way out. mad.gif These insufficiently_thoughtful_persons already take advantage of the system and are a nuisance. Ebay isn't gonna do anything about it. At least I'm trying or weighing all options.

I did file the NPB, I got my final value fees already, now instead of relisting, I'm seeking out payment as promised.

That's right Phil - these jerks need to be taught a lesson and locked up. I applaud your friend for letting the vigilante in him shine through! Methinks we have to many pacifists on this forum...same types of wusses that would back down if confronted by a terrorist on a plane, train or bus they were riding back home. But "that's just my .02" mad.gif

That's right Phil - these jerks need to be taught a lesson and locked up. I applaud your friend for letting the vigilante in him shine through! Methinks we have to many pacifists on this forum...same types of wusses that would back down if confronted by a terrorist on a plane, train or bus they were riding back home.

Screw that Darth. I'd love to run around pounding on people who step on my toes or who push ahead of me in line, or elbow me out of the way on the subway (believe me, I would.. grin.gif ) and in my junior high days I did rattle a few cages.

Then you grow up and realize that the cost to any action like this is far too severe to run around like the Punisher, exacting revenge on those who have wronged you. Some, like the guy who slashed tires, keyed cars, etc., never, ever grow up.

They're like Peter Pan crossed with a geeky Punisher. At least have the guts to give it to him face-to-face. grin.gif

They're like Peter Pan crossed with a geeky Punisher. At least have the guts to give it to him face-to-face.

Like this NPB does his business face to face?

Then you grow up and realize that the cost to any action like this is far too severe to run around like the Punisher, exacting revenge on those who have wronged you. Some, like the guy who slashed tires, keyed cars, etc., never, ever grow up.

You don't know him, I do. He is standing right here reading all this. He says that he doesn't take it too hard hearing he never grew up from a guy who collects comic books and has little class in responding to people who have not wronged him the way you do.

Phil