• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is It Safe In Here?
1 1

44 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, The Brain said:

Would you and or your family feel safe

going into a movie theater any  time soon

I think me and my family will be part of the group that honestly I don't know if we ever go back, and if we do it will be rare.  Granted we only saw 5 or 6 movies a year at the theater before, so we weren't exactly propping up the studios to begin with, but i see that being cut to maybe 1 or 2 (if that) a year now.

I would go.  I think the movie theaters have now been painted as so dangerous that even when they open the majority of people will avoid them.  More room for me to be nice and distanced.

I am starting to think that movie theaters may be dead in general.  The days of billion dollar tent poll films may be a thing of the past.

Edited by drotto

I've been thinking about this and I have to say I'll be willing to go check it out and see how the safety procedures stack up.  If I can sit in my seat with my mask on and feel confident people are not going to be coughing around me without a mask on then I'll occasionally go.  but we use to go once a week and I don't think i will go unless it's a movie a really want to see on the big screen.

Me, personally I would go. I enjoy the whole movie experience. 

There is one overriding problem. I help care for my 97-year-old mother.

If I become systematic, it would be a death sentence  for her. So I will

wait, get the Blu-ray on release, and pray we find a workable way to

get back to a "manageable normal" soon.

Edited by The Brain

37 minutes ago, evilskip said:

We won't even go out to eat indoors, so movies are way down the priority list. People have little to no respect for others, so the less I'm around them, the better it is for me.

I cannot agree more than this.

The gf and I went out to eat at a restaurant for the second time since quarantine.  Here is the criteria:

The restaurant MUST have outdoor seating.

The outdoor seating cannot be sidewalk seating as many places are cramming small tables and chairs outside on the sidewalk which pedestrians need to pass by.  We do not want pedestrians hovering over our food or us. 

Tables must be spaced apart.  Now, apparently this means many different things for many restaurants.  We went out to eat last year at a place in the city where the tables were so close I read the menu of the dining party next to me as they reviewed it while we were waiting for our own menus.  (They kind of forgot about us).  I was bumping elbows with the dining party next to me.  Yeah... that close.  So when they move tables away it seems they are moving tables to what is the normal distance apart.  

So... place that normally have patio seating and are then spaced apart. 

Reservations are idea but many places are not taking reservations.  A few places I like that are taking reservations are booked on weekends for the next 2-3 weeks. 

So this weekend we went to one place and found a guy standing in the road that flagged us down.  It was part of the staff of the restaurant and they had their waitlist full for the remainder of the night.  They closed at 10 and this was at 6:45. 

Luckily we found a place on the way back which turned out to be very good... good enough to go back. 

We figure we will be cooking all winter. 

I live in a city and area that has had less than 25 cases since this all began and I still have no desire to go out more than I already do. Groceries and the odd restaurant take out to support the local ones is good enough for me. Socially distanced visits with a few friends. Contact with my core group of family. All I need.

Never really liked the movie theater thing pre-pandemic.   Normally uncomfortable (but now they have upgraded reclining seats), sticky floors, overpriced concessions, people I don't know sitting way too close. 

Meh....Home theater is where it's at for me.  I can wait months before I see a new release, it doesn't bother me.  I was even able to avoid any Avengers spoilers the last two movies, before I saw them.