• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who here has never pressed a book ( or had a book pressed ) ?

69 posts in this topic

Only if a new comic got a bit of a spine or corner curl while carrying it home from the LCS.  I’d use the primitive technique of placing a few larger hardcovers on top of it to flatten.

36 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Well, I guess so a couple of times...

iron.jpg

Yup.  My new washing machine has a steam de-creasing program which works brilliantly.  My trousers look ironed after just one 20 minute cycle.  

Alternatively, there’s always the classic Corby method...

Edited by Ken Aldred

40 minutes ago, greggy said:

If I could give you one star, I would you troll

You're lucky you can make snot roll down your face when you cry.....otherwise, they never would've let you back in here after your banning. (tsk)

I just got here like a week ago, so me - however, I just bought my first two graded books, and my graded Batman 404 was sold to me as unpressed. And the other book was a new 9.8 Detective 1000 which if I had to guess wasn't pressed either. So I guess I'm 2 for 2 on unpressed graded books...

7 hours ago, Jesse-Lee said:

I just got here like a week ago, so me - however, I just bought my first two graded books, and my graded Batman 404 was sold to me as unpressed. And the other book was a new 9.8 Detective 1000 which if I had to guess wasn't pressed either. So I guess I'm 2 for 2 on unpressed graded books...

You need a history lesson.

The "NOD" failed because members lied about pressing.

All books that are not original owner by you are likely pressed and you have no way to determine otherwise.

Books packed tightly in a box are 'pressed' and there is no way to determine by what method the pressing took place or so CGC tells us...