• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bootleg CGC Graded Comics?
1 1

37 posts in this topic

I haven't seen this before: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-Man-46-CGC-9-8-PREORDER-Peach-Momoko-Cover-B-Virgin-Variant/392908747961?hash=item5b7b2fb4b9%3Ag%3A6pkAAOSwUTdfNz74&LH_BIN=1

It's a bad photoshop, but it's advertising a preorder of a Peach Momoko ASM 46 in a CGC 9.8 for $15.99 (plus $10 shipping) from Hong Kong. It has to be an obvious bootleg for that price. Has anyone seen a bootleg in hand, and are they pretty easy to identify compared to the real thing? I buy on eBay often and I'd like to be aware so I can be more cautious in what I'm buying...

7 minutes ago, Jesse-Lee said:

I haven't seen this before: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-Man-46-CGC-9-8-PREORDER-Peach-Momoko-Cover-B-Virgin-Variant/392908747961?hash=item5b7b2fb4b9%3Ag%3A6pkAAOSwUTdfNz74&LH_BIN=1

It's a bad photoshop, but it's advertising a preorder of a Peach Momoko ASM 46 in a CGC 9.8 for $15.99 (plus $10 shipping) from Hong Kong. It has to be an obvious bootleg for that price. Has anyone seen a bootleg in hand, and are they pretty easy to identify compared to the real thing? I buy on eBay often and I'd like to be aware so I can be more cautious in what I'm buying...

Next WISH will be selling Tec 27s. Signed by Bob Kane! 

Photoshops are typically done for pre-ordered books with guaranteed CGC grades.  With that being said at this price AND being from that particular region, I expect that this is more than likely a scam account (there are plenty of them on eBay) that are looking to take peoples money for a preorder.  I've heard rumors of bootleg CGC cases but haven't actually ever seen one.

10 minutes ago, Avi said:

People use that template all the time for pre-ordered or soon to be released books that will be graded. The image should not be an issue, the seller and reviews might be of concern. 

Yeah, I guess I was less concerned about the image considering it's a pre-order, but the price is way wrong. It's pre-ordering for more than $20 raw based on recent eBay sales...

Maybe if the seller bumped up the price to around $50 (or at least to completely cover all fees) there would be reduced doubt. Having said that (and this is my personal opinion), I still wouldn't buy any slabbed books from China/Hongkong from seller with no CGC proven sales record.

Chinese Graders from China... reminded me of American Dodgeball Association of America :roflmao:

Wasn't there a guy here who ordered some comic from China and received a pair of sunglasses instead? 

Edited by Buzzetta