• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Artist that you would buy a lot more of if available
1 1

57 posts in this topic

On 8/22/2020 at 10:08 AM, Latverian Tourism Board said:

Have you ever checked out The Artists Choice? It looks like Spencer reps June Brigman, and has Power Pack pages. Fair warning, though, he’s really behind in responses, and can take a long time to respond. Nice guy, though, with great prices. 

His lack of responsiveness is well known. But, he is also well-liked, knowledgeable and honest. I think there is a thread about him.

27 minutes ago, Rick2you2 said:

His lack of responsiveness is well known. But, he is also well-liked, knowledgeable and honest. I think there is a thread about him.

Yeah, he seems very nice. He was very solicitous about taking so long, and brought up similar pages to see if I was interested. He told me that he was VERY sick in February, and now he is months behind. I wouldn’t suggest to anyone not to use him, just to be patient. 

1 hour ago, www.alexgross.com said:

thats interesting. it is really good work, but at the time i had a hard time liking it due to the post byrne/austin blues. 

I am not old enough to remember the Byrne stuff as it was coming out: Paul Smith was the first X-men artist I knew so it holds a dear spot with me.  But it is funny- if money is not an object you can always find X-men examples from Byrne/Kirby/silvestri even Lee for sale.. but Smith pages are not even out there with huge prices... nothing. 

Agreed Paul Smith is right up there when it comes to quality : availability ratio.

Going to less pedigreed artists, I would love to get some more Captain Marvel by Chris Cross but quality pieces appear to be very  rare. 

2 hours ago, RBerman said:

If only the Jim Davis Garfield art was by Jim Davis!

Ehhh.   Its like Bob Kane.   The stuff he didn't do looks better than the stuff he did!

(Not nearly as extreme as with Kane, but I think the concept holds).

Edited by Bronty

On 8/22/2020 at 9:08 AM, Latverian Tourism Board said:

Have you ever checked out The Artists Choice? It looks like Spencer reps June Brigman, and has Power Pack pages. Fair warning, though, he’s really behind in responses, and can take a long time to respond. Nice guy, though, with great prices. 

I have, and Spencer did actually email me back not too long after I inquired. Unfortunately, he told me that all his Brigman Power Pack art is sold out. I might have found someone on CAF willing to sell, but after the first response a few days ago I haven't heard anything.

25 minutes ago, BuraddoRun said:

I have, and Spencer did actually email me back not too long after I inquired. Unfortunately, he told me that all his Brigman Power Pack art is sold out. I might have found someone on CAF willing to sell, but after the first response a few days ago I haven't heard anything.

Oh, sorry. They’ll come loose eventually.

Hey, I’d you haven’t already, you can sign up on comic art tracker, and add that search to your favorites. If any pages come up, it’ll show up in your daily update email. 

22 minutes ago, Latverian Tourism Board said:

Oh, sorry. They’ll come loose eventually.

Hey, I’d you haven’t already, you can sign up on comic art tracker, and add that search to your favorites. If any pages come up, it’ll show up in your daily update email. 

I'll keep my eye open, and I'll check out that site. Thanks.

On 8/22/2020 at 8:16 AM, joefixit2 said:

I am a broken record but Sal Buscema, problem is the prices are getting to be too high.

Agreed on Sal. To be specific, I’d snatch up his penciled and inked Thor pages if they were around. 

And his brother John’s Mephisto Vs (Avengers, X-Factor, Fantastic Four) pages. They are so hard to find.