• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Artist that you would buy a lot more of if available
1 1

57 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Timely said:

Ditko ASM battle pages!

Clearly a lack of supply. For anyone else but you, I don't think they would be undervalued. For you, they probably are.

I guess I'm not going to get a nice page until you get tired of collecting them!!!! I might have to wait a really long time.

31 minutes ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

I forgot to mention Javier Saltares, especially his early Ghost Rider covers and Pages.  They are beautiful and still hold up well nearly 30 later later.

There's one in the ComicLink auction. Let's see if you still think it is undervalued at the end of the auction.:flipbait:

2 hours ago, Jamie.Merwin said:

Gary Frank Hulk art

Did not know who Gary Frank is so I looked up on CAF. Does seem like supply is limited. In terms of his art, what do you like about it? Some of the pages seem like the Hulk just looks like a really big guy (but maybe that's the story line). I'm not questioning you on your taste, but I'm always interested in what collectors like in an artist's work?

Said differently, there are many artist (I collect a lot more Silver and Bronze Age) that I just don't see enough that I could identity their work. Some I can spot right away. And even if I can identify their work, doesn't mean I like it, but only that they have a distinct style.

Well, I hesitate to add to this topic because my budget isn't super high, but I'm sure not seeing any available Power Pack interior pages by June Brigman. Some dealer sites have them listed but when I've inquired, they say they've already sold them. Even the covers, which I'm not ready to commit to, are rare. I inquired about 1 and was told it had already sold. Another shows in different places as available. But anyway, I'd love to add interiors, even just 1, to my collection. I'm currently reading the old series and really enjoying it, and she is the definitive Power Pack artist in my opinion (though Bogdanove did them justice as well). She helped create them, after all.

5 hours ago, delekkerste said:

If only there was more Jim Davis Garfield art available for sale...

Good time to buy some Davis!

I think I’d buy more Bill Morrison if there were any more Simpsons/Bongo covers on the market.   Almost all are with Groening. 

On 8/20/2020 at 11:05 PM, BuraddoRun said:

Well, I hesitate to add to this topic because my budget isn't super high, but I'm sure not seeing any available Power Pack interior pages by June Brigman. Some dealer sites have them listed but when I've inquired, they say they've already sold them. Even the covers, which I'm not ready to commit to, are rare. I inquired about 1 and was told it had already sold. Another shows in different places as available. But anyway, I'd love to add interiors, even just 1, to my collection. I'm currently reading the old series and really enjoying it, and she is the definitive Power Pack artist in my opinion (though Bogdanove did them justice as well). She helped create them, after all.

Have you ever checked out The Artists Choice? It looks like Spencer reps June Brigman, and has Power Pack pages. Fair warning, though, he’s really behind in responses, and can take a long time to respond. Nice guy, though, with great prices.