• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pen impression , will it press out or impossible to get out ?

9 posts in this topic

It looks like someone had a piece of paper on top of the book and drew a long line with a loop at the end. It made a pen or pencil impression on the cover of whatever it is that they drew. Has anyone ever had any luck with getting an impression like this out ? Thank you 

969EC626-9B03-4297-9BE8-64AE48725252.jpeg

BA9B1A8A-15A5-4E20-BC5E-A290F074195B.jpeg

1A6524AE-FEB4-483C-97A2-AF0FA416CB27.jpeg

A2833A0A-0E19-424F-B316-A3D85F28ADBB.jpeg

2 hours ago, joeypost said:

Most of that will come out. Problem with deep indentations is that they leave a "remnant" in some cases. The paper will lay flat but at certain angles you can tell something was wrong at one time. 

No ink in the track, no flaking to the cover inks, that should be able to be completely revised. At least in the orange area, yes? 

1 hour ago, James J Johnson said:

No ink in the track, no flaking to the cover inks, that should be able to be completely revised. At least in the orange area, yes? 

This is a great example of a flaw that I would want to have pressed. Even if a slight flaw remains, it could boost the grade significantly. :foryou:

1 hour ago, Lamborghinikid said:

Thank you all for the feedback. I’m packing it up this weekend along with a few other for press, clean and then grading. I will update the photos of how it tuned out as soon as it comes back from grading. 

(thumbsu

On 8/19/2020 at 9:42 PM, joeypost said:

Most of that will come out. Problem with deep indentations is that they leave a "remnant" in some cases. The paper will lay flat but at certain angles you can tell something was wrong at one time. 

You did wonders with that TGK 30c price variant I had. Had a bunch of writing indentations....Went from a probable 4.5 to a Graded 7.5