• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

the height of laziness?? or come on man really??
1 1

43 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, kav said:

Lists Action #1

-uses stock photo

I hope he doesn’t use the Edgar Church copy.

Please note, your comics book will not look this good.

Edited by Ken Aldred

Just now, Ken Aldred said:

I hope he doesn’t use the Edgar Church copy.

He can do what he wants!

2 hours ago, Mercury Man said:

A) it's Mile High

B) If it's 14k, that means its probably a 6K book

C) Chuck still has to make up for his Edgar Church losses (and by losses, I mean money he wished he made by holding decades later)

If you could see more than 75% of it, you'd realize that your $6K estimate is extremely ambitious. 

1 hour ago, Mercury Man said:

A) it's Mile High

B) If it's 14k, that means its probably a 6K book

C) Chuck still has to make up for his Edgar Church losses (and by losses, I mean money he wished he made by holding decades later)

Well... the listing says it's "Fine". Let's go ahead and take that on face value. Mile High doesn't always grade well, but they do have people who know how to grade, and on average I'd say they get reasonably close.

GoCollect tells me that a CGC 6.0 last sold in 2016 for about $3100; they assign an FMV of $3500 in that grade. To be valued at this asking price, GoCollect expects you'd need a graded copy to be in 8.5 (except that no such book exists -- so maybe an 8.0 that presents really nicely). And, of course, the idea that this stock photo is from a "random copy of this product that we have had in stock recently" is ludicrous. Not even Mile High just has random copies of Showcase 8 tossed here and there about the warehouse. So this isn't laziness. It's hiding a mid-grade comic behind a much better stock photo in an effort to wheedle a high grade price.

39 minutes ago, Qalyar said:

And, of course, the idea that this stock photo is from a "random copy of this product that we have had in stock recently" is ludicrous. Not even Mile High just has random copies of Showcase 8 tossed here and there about the warehouse. So this isn't laziness. It's hiding a mid-grade comic behind a much better stock photo in an effort to wheedle a high grade price.

:screwy:

When they didn't have an image to represent an issue, they grabbed a copy and made one. That's the end of it, as far as they're concerned. The only ludicrous thing about that statement is the "recently" part, since most of their stock photos are many years old now.

10 minutes ago, Gaard said:
13 minutes ago, DocHoppus182 said:

Fine Comics Book

Do we know why he phrases it like that?

Everything about his business model makes you go.... o.O...... calling them 'comics' book fits right in with that.