• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

the height of laziness?? or come on man really??
1 1

43 posts in this topic

I once read an article where he openly admitted he overcharges because he can. His logic was that comics are very prevalent on the East coast but harder to find on the West coast so he can overcharge based on demand .  I don't know the date of that interview, but unless it was from before the mid 90s...

If only there existed some sort of futuristic technology that made it possible for people on the West coast to find comics outside of their immediate geographical location.... 

48 minutes ago, telerites said:

I have never understood why his Ebay listings are cheaper than buying on his site.

It is listed for $28,050 buying directly from Mile High - https://www.milehighcomics.com/cgi-bin/backissue.cgi?action-list&title=75026711520&snumber=1

I believe MH's ebay listings tend to account for the codeword phrase for the "sale" prices on the main site.  

21 hours ago, anstettoman said:

going thru ebay and came across this Gem  of a listing  by a very well respected (by some) Comic book company

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SHOWCASE-1956-Series-SHOWCASE-PRESENTS-DC-8-Fine-Comics-Book/303244585374?hash=item469ac9299e:g:Cj0AAOSw5SNdR-J1

not bad looking at first glance then I checked out the description and read

An important note: the cover photo of the item shown in this listing, is not a scan of the actual item.

for 14k you would expect that a company that states: 

We stock over eight million comics and books

would have the time to at least take some actual scans of the book since it is raw . Hard to believe that a company that large could be that lazy and gets my come on man really award for tonight. I'm sure there are more out there but wanted to share and hear what others have to say. 

I had to look....

10 hours ago, serling1978 said:

I once read an article where he openly admitted he overcharges because he can. His logic was that comics are very prevalent on the East coast but harder to find on the West coast so he can overcharge based on demand .  I don't know the date of that interview, but unless it was from before the mid 90s...

If only there existed some sort of futuristic technology that made it possible for people on the West coast to find comics outside of their immediate geographical location.... 

Yes

Internet killed the Mile High star

the entire thing is a mess.

- the stock image is a 3.0 type of book with rips showing on the cover, why use that crappy image at all?

- scan the actual book! You want 14k then put up quality resolution pics and lots of them.

I have never bought from Milehigh and never will due to the extremely lazy business practices.