• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Announces the 60th Pedigree Collection - "Chinatown"
2 2

138 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:
4 hours ago, PatrickinVancouver said:

For batman_fan More to comeAD5E2A23-A49A-4CB9-9B43-11D27740F61C.thumb.jpeg.4bf10fe640fdae0e9b6cd06eb366f086.jpeg

very nice !

Hey Peter;

Why are you hanging around this thread here since there are no pre-Robin 'Tec books hiding in this particular collection?  :baiting:

If it's just for the high grade Bat books, try asking Pat for photos of the Bat 36 or 41 issues since those were graded right up there.   :luhv:

17 hours ago, batman_fan said:

#1 thanks for posting.  I really appreciate you doing it.

#2 holy moly Batman what a spectacular book (worship)

I'll second this! Please continue sharing the images that you have and a complete list of what is in the Pedigree would be appreciated too. Just because I'm nosy and for posterity's sake. It is rare that the collecting public gets to know what books were found in a pedigree. :) 

18 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Hey Peter;

Why are you hanging around this thread here since there are no pre-Robin 'Tec books hiding in this particular collection?  :baiting:

Love ALL GA Batman, not just the first books. Especially when they are in super high grade.

Edited by Gotham Kid

13 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:
On 9/11/2020 at 4:09 PM, lou_fine said:

Hey Peter;

Love ALL GA Batman, not just the first books. Especially when they are in super high grade.

So, are you really trying to tell me that you weren't the third time lucky winner of the CGC 1.0 graded copy of 'Tec 31 that sold the other day at Heritage for $43,200?  :bigsmile:

Looks like this exact same copy ended up finishing slightly lower than the last 2 times it sold at CC back in 2016 and again in 2017.  Definitely nothing compared to that steal of a deal in terms of your gorgeous pre-Robin 'Tec you picked up earlier this year.  :applause:

Was going through the list of books which I had on this Chinatown Collection and this is a perfect example of sometimes you can get lucky and sometimes not so much. hm

Perfect example being the All-American run and imaging if it had started just one short month earlier with a much in-demand classic cover book instead of this issue here: 

image.thumb.png.56a23b4f91b1e4f41b91e4b1e73a2a8b.png

Then again, you really can't complain too much since the Flash run just managed to stretch far enough to end with this classic dino cover and key first appearance:  :luhv:

image.thumb.png.3d3c7704dc7bdaab3fcf17c45d1a9ff4.png

Edited by lou_fine

On 9/17/2020 at 1:07 AM, PatrickinVancouver said:

I can confirm that the scans for Batman 36 and 41 are Chinatown Collection copies. Here is the 37, amazingly the 9.2 is highest graded (shared with three others) has white paper so maybe first among equals anyway. 

428B1772-F957-408E-B9AE-363C9557F211.jpeg

lovely !

26 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:
On 9/16/2020 at 5:07 PM, PatrickinVancouver said:

I can confirm that the scans for Batman 36 and 41 are Chinatown Collection copies. Here is the 37, amazingly the 9.2 is highest graded (shared with three others) has white paper so maybe first among equals anyway. 

428B1772-F957-408E-B9AE-363C9557F211.jpeg

lovely !

Peter;

Are you really trying to tell us that you are not a closet Dell Four Color fan :baiting: because these books came a lot later and as a result, accounted for the majority of the uber HG books within this Chinatown pedigree collection?  :bigsmile:

Edited by lou_fine

On 9/16/2020 at 8:07 PM, PatrickinVancouver said:

428B1772-F957-408E-B9AE-363C9557F211.jpeg:ohnoez:

Pat, if you care to share pictures of the Canadian whites, I'd love to see those.   Particularly any Bell Features books, but really any of the whites.

Edited by Bronty