• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Announces the 60th Pedigree Collection - "Chinatown"
2 2

138 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Timely said:

When I was working on the pedigree book 12-14 years ago with Ritter, Nelson & Haspel we were sent a CD that had the full list along with some pics. The books looked very fresh! 

Although the Chinatown Marvel Mystery #66 (9.6) has yet to be recorded in the CGC Census.  OTOH, the bragging rights for this pedigree have been hot-footed out at warp speed.  .:gossip:

6 hours ago, Cat-Man_America said:

Although the Chinatown Marvel Mystery #66 (9.6) has yet to be recorded in the CGC Census.  OTOH, the bragging rights for this pedigree have been hot-footed out at warp speed.  .:gossip:

To me, the Chinese characters make this one incredibly cool ... please pardon me for "waxing fanboy". GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

I remember reading about this collection many years ago. Has a cool back story. Not surprised so many are in high grade since it was like the Church collection, owned by an adult. 

Very cool that it has been hung on to, intact. Sounds like a big splash coming up soon in a large auction. 

I would love to just own one. Even if only a “lower grade” funny animal. It would need to have the markings on it though. 

Have any turned up in the CGC census yet? 

Edited by Robot Man

13 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

Big stack of this newly designated pedigree was slabbed years ago. Most have wht to off-wht pages. I bought a few raw funny animal comics from this pre-designation. Some of the comics did not have a Chinese symbol stamp on either the front or back covers. This is 1 of the lower grades; never been pressed or surface cleaned.

AYz0YqK.jpg?1

I wish my low grade books looked like that!

14 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

Big stack of this newly designated pedigree was slabbed years ago. Most have wht to off-wht pages. I bought a few raw funny animal comics from this pre-designation. Some of the comics did not have a Chinese symbol stamp on either the front or back covers. This is 1 of the lower grades; never been pressed or surface cleaned.

AYz0YqK.jpg?1

Very nice Allan. Now I wished I bought a raw lower grade book from that collection :)

Edited by airwalker