• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre-screen process for a press.
1 1

3 posts in this topic

I have two books I would like to prescreen for a press. One is a Tmnt 4 magazine size, the other is a Amazing Spiderman 300. Both are Signature Series. I was wondering how I submit them, as I have never submitted comics myself before. I usually submit modern tier books through my lcs. After purchasing a membership that allows me to submit, I imagine I could ship the books out together, and then I would need to ship them back separately. It would be $10.00 each to submit for a press prescreen, then the fees to regrade the books, if it was accepted for a press?

Thanks, 

Mark

• Administrator

Good morning, thanks for your message.  I think you might be confusing two different services.  Pre-Screen is where we screen books to see if they reach a minimum grade that you set.  We would pull out any books that don't make that minimum and only grade those that do.  To qualify for Pre-Screen, you must have at least 25 books and only Modern, Economy and Value tiers would qualify. 

Screening is a separate service that you can request on any book (there is no minimum number of books required) where we would screen the book to see if it would benefit for different services.  You can have a book screened to see if it would benefit from pressing, to see if there is restoration present or to see if restoration can be removed.  

Once you sign up for a paid membership, you would then log into your account online and access the online submission form.  You will enter each book, choosing the services you want for each individual book as you enter it. If you want a book screened for pressing, you would check "grading" and "pressing" as your services, enter all the book information, choose the grading and pressing tiers you wish and then at the bottom of the tier page, it will show you "additional services."  This is where you would choose your screening option and then choose the service you want it screened for.

If you run into any questions when completing the form, you can reach our customer service department at 877-662-6642.  Thank you!