• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Godzilla vs Cthulhu
1 1

Godzilla vs Cthulhu  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins in a physical battle?

• Cthulhu
    • Godzilla

31 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Physical battle?  No fire breath allowed?

Exactly. How would Cthulhu fare against Godzilla's Atomic breath? What's the upper limit of it? 1.2 million degrees C.? That's roughly 1000 times the temperature of a cremation chamber. With the physical pressure heat like that would generate, a physical body would implode while being incinerated, which would be the actual cause of annihilation open for scientific debate. Also, Cthulhu's size (height) is usually given as 130 to 160 feet.  Godzilla's is usually given from between 300 to 400 feet, depending upon which form of Godzilla. There's a bunch of variations, just like different Hulks. But one in particular, Godzilla Earth, at about 1000 feet, dwarfs Cthulhu in size, and I would imagine also in strength. Godzilla's Atomic Breath can also be augmented in some way, I'm not certain how, by Mothra! 

So using all assets he has at his disposal, it seems to me that Godzilla would stand more than just a fighting chance at taking down Cthulhu, whose powers, as far as I've been able to find, are being big, thus strong, and driving humans who look upon him insane. 

I just read the HP Lovecraft story again, about a month ago.  While I think Cthulha had the supernatural powers covered, ounce for ounce, Godzilla would have whooped him in old fashioned fisticuffs.  As a student of Saturday matinee movies of Godzilla (free admission with 25 Pepsi bottlecaps), I consider myself a student of The School of Godzilla, and would put my life savings on him against squid face. 

Edited by Mercury Man

10 hours ago, bc said:

I hear ya...

Most of my childhood toys survived until I could access bb-guns, firecrackers and model rocket engines.

Then the toys were shot, blown up, melted or launched into orbit (my poor kung-fu grip gi joe, we never found you).

And I'm on Team Cthulhu.

-bc

I did the exact same things to my G.I. Joes. They were shot to pieces and I tied firecrackers to a few as well. :devil:

12 hours ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

Not even close - Cthulhu is enormous and his lifespan has gone many millennia - one of the oldest carbon dated life forms , Godzilla is an enormous lizard with superpowers and a byproduct of Radiation poisoning . Plus , he consistently Gets his tail handed to him at the box office

Carbon dating can only be done for no more then like 50k years at most... just saying lol. Godzilla was around during the dinosaurs at least 65 million year ago! Long live the KING!!!

4 hours ago, OtherEric said:

Astounding_1936_02.jpg

Astounding_1936_06.jpg

Howard Brown. Like Frank R. Paul (Marvel Comics #1 artist), Brown was a huge influence on the Golden age comic book artists to come: 

https://www.google.com/search?q=Howard+brown+pulp+artist&sxsrf=ALeKk01k25W2soWrevMUzRxnfUlXQJhh6A:1598074096924&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjzuPz2ia7rAhWCT98KHQOZArQQ_AUoAXoECAsQAw&biw=1604&bih=747