• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Batman Trailer
2 2

34 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, siro123 said:

What did you think ?

He doesnt look like batman the costume is bad.

The trailer was meh.

The trailer was soo darkly lit TBH I could'nt tell WTH was going on.

The thing about the costume is that ALL Batman costumes look ridiculous, because Batman is a ridiculous concept to begin with. That being said, I like this one. Certainly no worse than the Nolan suit or Affleck's suit. Looks like it's made for movement, which makes sense. I dig the silhouette.

Is Jeffrey Wright playing Gordon? He sure looks the part. Great choice.

I'm kinda done with superhero movies in general, so my expectations are low, but I could see myself enjoying this. Seems like it has a specific visual style which will separate it from its predecessors. 

51 minutes ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

I’ll do my best to avoid future clips and trailers as I like going in a mostly blind.

I didn't enjoy it as much as some, but I agree with experiencing a film, or even an episode of a series, as a whole without prejudging snippets.  2c 

That being said, when they release a full Dune trailer, it will be hard for me to resist.

2 hours ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

I enjoyed this tease. Great casting going on. 

Wonder who is doing the narration in the background: Riddler, Joker, Bruce Wayne? :ph34r: Like a lower budget Chris Nolan movie with a more realistic Batsuit and Batmobile.

56 minutes ago, aardvark88 said:

Wonder who is doing the narration in the background: Riddler, Joker, Bruce Wayne? :ph34r: Like a lower budget Chris Nolan movie with a more realistic Batsuit and Batmobile.

The Riddler, but the goons RBatts beat up look like Joker goons....

it looked ok, too many villains methinks...

I'll watch it when it comes out. I watch all the super hero flicks- good or bad. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment sometimes. That being said, I always go into any flick thinking "The book versions are always gonna be better".

Hollywood: put me in charge of Batman and i shall blow your minds.  There's a ton of potential here and not a single one of the movies have tapped into it.  

Edited by kav

I watched the trailer again. I’m 100% onboard with this muscle car Batmobile, and will need to purchase many toy versions of it. 

It looks better than anything Batman related since the Nolan days. That being said, I too found it hard to see what was happening whether that was intentional or not. We had a dark Batman, and I get that is his thing...hopefully it all works. I will give it a shot as it intrigues me more than anything movie related from DC has in a long time.

My thoughts on the trailer

1.  Looks very dark, that's a good thing.  One of the things I liked most about the very 1st movie.

2.  Didn't see any goofy cheesy lines, lets hope they kept it that way for the whole movie

3.  Costume was okay.  Need to see more images of it.

4.  Batmobile - I couldn't see it well enough to make a decision.

In general, I am much more intrigued than I was when the announced who was playing him.