• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Batman Trailer
2 2

34 posts in this topic

I’m in. Nirvana song got me along w/ the beat down. Also am worried about the many villains...Riddler, Penguin, Catwoman, Joker? Plus, the Twilight dude playing Batman was damn good in The Lighthouse alongside the Green Goblin (Willem Defoe). High hopes!

Edited by snitzer

Didn't do much for me. I think I just have Bat-fatigue. I just don't care anymore. I get that it's a franchise property and they want to keep it making money, and maybe that's why I'm a bit cynical about it. This film seems less of a desire to put something new on the screen, to expand the world, and more of a basic retread for $$$.

There just wasn't anything in there that was of interest to me. Another iteration of the same villains we've seen. Another dark batman beating on criminals and brooding. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't great either. I'd hate to have Batman films become the equivalent of McDonald's hamburgers. They just crank 'em out. The masses eat 'em. 

I'm more excited by season 2 of The Boys. 

9 hours ago, F For Fake said:

The thing about the costume is that ALL Batman costumes look ridiculous, because Batman is a ridiculous concept to begin with. That being said, I like this one. Certainly no worse than the Nolan suit or Affleck's suit. Looks like it's made for movement, which makes sense. I dig the silhouette.

Is Jeffrey Wright playing Gordon? He sure looks the part. Great choice.

I'm kinda done with superhero movies in general, so my expectations are low, but I could see myself enjoying this. Seems like it has a specific visual style which will separate it from its predecessors. 

Yes that's Jeffrey Wright. And I agree that all Batman costumes look ridiculous. I hated Affleck's, that whole head was ridiculous. I agree that this one ain't great but it's a take on what we saw from Scott Snyder's year one stuff and I don't mind seeing a new take on it. I like the tone, it feels a bit Long Halloween, which is my favourite book.

2 minutes ago, Deadpoolica said:

Thought the trailer looks great

Ya I liked it, I agree some of it was indistinguishable, laptop was fine, but the TV monitor its plugged into I couldn't see a thing

Decent. I couldnt make heads for tails of the villains, but it looked like a classic costume for catwoman, if my eyes don't deceive.....

I'll try to avoid further trailers to have fresh eyes, but this trailer had tone that was good enough  :)

For me personally the biggest challenge for any Bat movie transitioning from comic to big screen, is casting/playing the role of Bruce Wayne (BW.) You can change the costume an infinite number of times, tweak the Bat mobile and the Bat cave, his tech gadgets etc. but if BW is not up to par or credible; this is not good and where it falls apart. 

Two specific examples on the big screen where BW is flawlessly played is Batman Begins when we see BW wandering to the ends of the planet, ultimately to train with the LOS and in DKR when BW ditches the rope to escape Bane's underground pit.   Michael Keaton also pleasantly surprised a bunch of folks with his portrayal of BW.

Ultimately we all have different story lines, eras, and villains that we read and personally prefer which could influence our movie experience as well. I will keep an open mind on this one.  

I'm down to give it a chance. Dark serious vibe.

We bounce back and fourth between good and bad Batmen ... Keaton good followed by a slew of bad until we get to Bale followed by Affleck bad ... And hopefully Pattinson good. Time will tell. 

The tone seems to check out so far.

On 8/25/2020 at 1:05 PM, Lurker89 said:

I'm down to give it a chance. Dark serious vibe.

We bounce back and fourth between good and bad Batmen ... Keaton good followed by a slew of bad until we get to Bale followed by Affleck bad ... And hopefully Pattinson good. Time will tell. 

The tone seems to check out so far.

I can't see Pattinson as Bruce Wayne/Batman. Superboy Prime maybe... He seems too whiny to me for some reason. I could imagine Chris Pratt, or Bradley Cooper. Someone along those lines. That said, I'll see this when it comes out. As a DC comics fanboy, I have to give props to Marvel on how great their movies and overall movie strategies have been. DC just plain dropped the ball when it comes to movies.