• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can anyone help me identify the artist of this Vampirella painting?

6 posts in this topic

Picked this large framed peice of Vampirella artwork up as part of an estate comic collection. Current owners could give me no info.  It's framed and I don't really want to take it out if I don't have to...to see if there's info on the back or something.  Anybody here know who this artist is? It appears to be a drawing/painting and not a print, but hard to tell for sure without taking it out.

Any ideas?

IMG_1519.thumb.jpeg.d8b8ad6316ee60562e19e40f5b176794.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Matt Stein said:

Picked this large framed peice of Vampirella artwork up as part of an estate comic collection. Current owners could give me no info.  It's framed and I don't really want to take it out if I don't have to...to see if there's info on the back or something.  Anybody here know who this artist is? It appears to be a drawing/painting and not a print, but hard to tell for sure without taking it out.

Any ideas?

IMG_1519.thumb.jpeg.d8b8ad6316ee60562e19e40f5b176794.jpeg

The demons have a kind of Neal Adams vibe. But Vampirella definitely does not. 

4 hours ago, Will_K said:

Looks like Butch Burcham.  But he usually signs his work.

Currently on ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/123722055079

burcham.jpg

Hmmm...it sure does look like that.  Thanks! Maybe I need to take it out of the frame to see if there's an obscured signature on there somewhere