• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Repped Artist Websites (best / worst)
1 1

95 posts in this topic

On 12/23/2022 at 2:55 PM, RafaVia said:

Comiconart acts as rep and agent.

maybe Comicarthouse as well.

When you use the term agent, can you be more specific? Like an entertainment or literary agent who negotiates with publishers of first run stories?

On 12/23/2022 at 4:55 PM, Rick2you2 said:

When you use the term agent, can you be more specific? Like an entertainment or literary agent who negotiates with publishers of first run stories?

That's my definition of an agent.

I do know that ComicArtHouse will handle convention bookings do Felix and Essential Sequential and others that I'm forgetting, but I don't consider that acting as an agent.

* Price new art at reasonable values vs. ones that everything seems to be overpriced.

The dealer site that comes to mind for me first is Panel Page Art. 

I don't know if Glen Brunswick realizes that all of the art he buys or consigns after it was recently purchased goes on his site with a huge markup, that makes me think that everything is overpriced.

Whether the art is genuinely overpriced or not, it's hard not to get that impression. 

Edited by Hulk213
used wrong name

On 1/22/2023 at 4:57 PM, Hulk213 said:

* Price new art at reasonable values vs. ones that everything seems to be overpriced.

The dealer site that comes to mind for me first is Panel Page Art. 

I don't know if Glen Brunswick realizes that all of the art he buys or consigns after it was recently purchased goes on his site with a huge markup, that makes me think that everything is overpriced.

Whether the art is genuinely overpriced or not, it's hard not to get that impression. 

I’m pretty sure Glen realizes the art on his site has a markup, since it’s his website  

On 1/22/2023 at 9:12 PM, artdealer said:

I’m pretty sure Glen realizes the art on his site has a markup, since it’s his website  

All dealer websites should have art marked up. 

The question was asked what dealer prices art at reasonable values vs. ones that everything seems to be overpriced. 

The only reason I jumped in here was it hit home for me this month when I saw the Daredevil Yellow page go for one price, and then a week later, there was a significant markup on the same page on his site. I was trying to say my perception now is the prices on his site are not reasonable but overpriced because he lists art very soon after the purchase and then lists them with a considerable markup.

He might not even be aware of this possible perception people might have. It doesn't matter to me. I was giving my two cents.

On 1/23/2023 at 7:11 AM, Hulk213 said:

The question was asked what dealer prices art at reasonable values vs. ones that everything seems to be overpriced. 

The only reason I jumped in here was it hit home for me this month when I saw the Daredevil Yellow page go for one price, and then a week later, there was a significant markup on the same page on his site. I was trying to say my perception now is the prices on his site are not reasonable but overpriced because he lists art very soon after the purchase and then lists them with a considerable markup.

He might not even be aware of this possible perception people might have. It doesn't matter to me. I was giving my two cents.

Oh, I’m quite sure he is aware of the perception. But some dealers just don’t care  

On 1/23/2023 at 7:11 AM, Hulk213 said:

A dealer who shall go nameless (on second thought, Bechara) told me he never raises prices on art after he sets the initial price (which he used to justify why he wouldn’t bargain over lower pricing). For quite a while, he had an Aparo page listed at $1,800. He now has another Aparo page from the same series at $2,200. And guess what just went up to $1,950? Now, I have even less reason to buy it.

On 1/23/2023 at 9:03 PM, Rick2you2 said:

A dealer who shall go nameless (on second thought, Bechara) told me he never raises prices on art after he sets the initial price (which he used to justify why he wouldn’t bargain over lower pricing). For quite a while, he had an Aparo page listed at $1,800. He now has another Aparo page from the same series at $2,200. And guess what just went up to $1,950? Now, I have even less reason to buy it.

Him not raising prices is a load of bird poo.