• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USA Comics 12 Question
1 1

14 posts in this topic

Hi, 

This is my copy of USA Comics 12.  I’m having an issue figuring out if it’s actually incomplete or not.  I was under the impression that it was, but after some basic research I’m not quite sure anymore.  Sounds dumb, I know. 

I have counted 28 pages, including front and back cover, which would mean a 56-page book.  GCD lists this as a 52-page book, which would mean 26 individual pages.  What is going on?  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you! 

B725BFD1-D779-4D2C-91DD-8F7FBC39B6B3.jpeg

30 minutes ago, Electron said:

USA 12 has 56 interior pages, not counting the cover

USA 11 does. USA 12 does not. USA 12 has 52 pages inclusive of the cover as stated in the GCD and in Keltner -

https://www.twomorrows.com/alterego/media/Golden Age Index.pdf

USA 12 is on page 192 of the PDF.

I would recount and not assume to multiply by 2 but count every single page. It's always weird to have too many pages instead of having an incomplete book.

Edited by Scrooge

Interesting.  I counted 3 times, just to make sure pages weren’t sticking together or whatnot.  Counting the front cover as “page” 1, ending with the back cover page as “page” 28.  That’s what I have.  So, I have no clue what’s happening.

1 hour ago, DocHoppus182 said:

Interesting.  I counted 3 times, just to make sure pages weren’t sticking together or whatnot.  Counting the front cover as “page” 1, ending with the back cover page as “page” 28.  That’s what I have.  So, I have no clue what’s happening.

How many pages to the centerfold on your copy?

Cool. I no longer have a copy of 12, but I believe below are the stories in that issue, which total 56 pages. Not inclusive of the cover of course. For what it's worth I also think GCD and Keltner may be incorrect on the page count. GCD's own index totals up to 55 interior pages! 

18 page Cap

7 page Destroyer

1 page Sentinels of Liberty

8 page Jap Buster Jones

2 page Decision by proxy

5 page Jeep Jones

7 page Sgt Dix

7 page Whizzer

1 page ad

Total of 56 pages.

Electron is right, book is 60 pages, counted thusly:

1-2: cover, inside front cover

3-20: Cap story "Toll of Death" (18 pgs)

21-27: Destroyer story (7 pgs)

28: Sentinels of Liberty ad (1 pg)

29-36: Jap Buster Johnson (8 pgs)

37-38: "Decision By Proxy" text story (2 pgs)

39-43: Jeep Jones (5 pgs)

44-50: Sergeant Dix (7 pgs)

51-57: The Whizzer (8 pgs)

58: Clarinet ad (1 pg)

59-60: inside back cover/back cover

10 hours ago, DocHoppus182 said:

Thanks guys!  My buddy was supposed to check and get sick with me today but I haven’t heard from him yet.  Hopefully soon and I’ll report back!

I hope that is a typo or auto-correct snafu.  If not, maybe time to get a new friend :baiting: