• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Noticed something about AF 15 (2006 version) which is heating up right now.

10 posts in this topic

Amazing Fantasy 15 (the 2006 version) is heating up right now and has a very low print run just under 14K.

I myself have 4 copies, each purchased from a different seller. 2 of which have a minor print flaw in the very same place at the top near the letter "o" in the word "story".  . Yesterday I came across the ebay listing below which has the exact same flaw (see link below).  I know its minor but wondering how common this flaw was on this issue and if it should affect a CGC rating.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Fantasy-15-Marvel-2006-1st-Appearance-Of-Amadeus-Cho-Hulk-Brawn-3/164342719714?hash=item264396e4e2:g:sRkAAOSwHfdfO5zp

Edited by Ace Bandage
added quotes around word story

I know this I'm probably over-reacting here but bear with me.  Only 14K of this first appearance were printed. There is no 2nd run or variant.  If there's a potential print flaw affecting a % of this low number, that is a big deal, right?

I am now attaching pictures of my 2 9.4's.    First picture is the front cover print flaw I mentioned above, the line between the T and O in the word story. 

2nd picture is another set of identical flaws I noticed on the back cover.  Both have 3 "claw marks" running down the top right of the back cover in the same place.  
I'm wondering how many were affected or if this is just a huge coincidence. 

Finally, I submit to you yet another Ebay listing. This one has a semblance of the front flaw , but check this out.   The back has the same 3 claw marks.  Check out picture # 11. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Fantasy-Vol-2-15-1-Amadeus-Cho-VF-Nice-Copy/392922539817?hash=item5b7c022729:g:CcsAAOSwv9pfSIrU

so 2 questions:

1. What impact do print flaws like these have on ratings?
2. If this is a somewhat common flaw for this issue, does this have any impact on the value of flawless versions?

IMG_6501.jpg

IMG_6498.jpg

Edited by Ace Bandage
Added additional link

3 hours ago, Second Blight said:

Well, it was graded a 9.4 for a reason.....

Agree.  If it were known that this is a  common print flaw would that make a difference? 

And regardless, it looks like a decent % of these have this flaw. Seems like it would further elevate the value of the non flawed ones if widely known. 

Edited by Ace Bandage

On 8/23/2020 at 10:25 PM, Ace Bandage said:

Amazing Fantasy 15 (the 2006 version) is heating up right now and has a very low print run just under 14K.

14 hours ago, Ace Bandage said:

Only 14K of this first appearance were printed.

:popcorn: