• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Trading Cards
8 8

293 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

It works for Best Offer listings.  That one does not appear to be Best Offer.

15 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

Was that a Best Offer listing?  Per the link it's not showing as such.

Yes it was.  The screenshot says $89.99 or best offer.

21 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

Your screenshot was for Carson Palmer.  Your link was for Marqise Lee.

They are both best offer.

image.thumb.png.e5df634c993abae7d2c2ed6e6f512f19.png

I posted both public view and private view screenshots of Carson Palmer, since it didn't even show Best offer accepted for him.  Marqise Lee shows best offer accepted so I posted the link to ask folks what they see.  It doesn't matter now.  Someone posted a site that shows the value.  Everyone benefit from it, that's all that matter.

Spent a decent amount of time today putting all of my recently acquired marvel cards in new binders and sheets. :cloud9:

Got a full set of Marvel series 1,2 (impel)

x-men series 1 (impel)

x-men 1994 fleet. 

No holos yet, just base cards. I am still happy to have them though, and I look forward to more. I have a 1987 comic images colossal conflict set in the mail on it's way. 

It's so cool to see people still collecting these!

I made some satirical/parody trading cards based on a podcast I've been listening to based on my favorite set ever, Impel Marvel Universe Series 1. When I started collecting, marvel series 3 had just came out so I thought of s1 as their rookie cards and always bought em when I saw em. I guess the design kinda stuck with me, lol. What do ya think? 

EpsteinDouble.jpg

MasayoshiDouble.jpg

PerlmutterFront.jpg

PerlmutterBack.jpg

SheldonFront.jpg

SheldonBack.jpg

50 minutes ago, Sam T said:

It's so cool to see people still collecting these!

I made some satirical/parody trading cards based on a podcast I've been listening to based on my favorite set ever, Impel Marvel Universe Series 1. When I started collecting, marvel series 3 had just came out so I thought of s1 as their rookie cards and always bought em when I saw em. I guess the design kinda stuck with me, lol. What do ya think? 

EpsteinDouble.jpg

MasayoshiDouble.jpg

PerlmutterFront.jpg

PerlmutterBack.jpg

SheldonFront.jpg

SheldonBack.jpg

I would totally buy a set of these!

14 hours ago, MustEatBrains said:

Funny you say that because Ive just broken my set out of a binder and finished making 162 auctions.  Lol, it's a lot of work (especially when a Spidey 300 will probably sell for more than all of them combined).  I purchased semi rigid holders from umbrella cards off amazon.  Was going to thinly sandwich between cardboard that fills out smallish envelope completely and ship first class.  Cant see them being bent.  Any suggestions or thoughts on the cheapest/best way to ship cards?  

15 hours ago, MustEatBrains said:

thanks! I'm not really sure if selling my joke cards would work but I printed a few up on card stock. There's something awesome about sleeving a card that you made. I gave a bunch to my LCS to hand out, I just like the idea of other people enjoying them.

I've been selling random singles (pokemon, magic, marvel impel) on ebay recently I decided to throw in a free epstein card w/ one of em. I wonder if people search ebay for "jeffrey epstein" lol. https://www.ebay.com/itm/284227978518

Also if anyone wants to borrow the idea and make their own parody cards I could share templates (.psd). It was so much fun writing the backs of em. I got to go through all my impel cards and look for parallels between the coolest marvel villains and public figures. The podcast I was listening to at the time was focused heavily on finance but this idea could be used in any context. I'm gonna start working on templates for Impel Marvel Series 2 and 3 and X-Men Series 1.

3 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

Funny you say that because Ive just broken my set out of a binder and finished making 162 auctions.  Lol, it's a lot of work (especially when a Spidey 300 will probably sell for more than all of them combined).  I purchased semi rigid holders from umbrella cards off amazon.  Was going to thinly sandwich between cardboard that fills out smallish envelope completely and ship first class.  Cant see them being bent.  Any suggestions or thoughts on the cheapest/best way to ship cards?  

Not a huge card guy, but I actually have some cards I'm planning on sending in for grading at some point.  Honestly though I have never mailed cards before but plan on using a penny sleeve then put each in a more ridged card holder then cut 2 pieces of cardboard that extend beyond the borders, use painters tape to secure all four sides, then bubble wrap and put in a box.  I'm sure it's not going to be the cheapest way but basically using the same method I use to ship comics.

I've seen videos where people use bubble mailers which I personally would never consider using.

Been a comic collector for the most part, but back in the early '90's I purchased some 1990's Marvel cards for my son with the intention of keeping any hologram inside the packages. I came across the Magneto foil card and immediately put it in a 9 up card holder with the 1990 Score hockey set I purchased. So based on that, pretty sure it's a 10.0 Gem Mint as it's been sitting there for 31 years but has not been graded. So someone on ebay purchases a Gem Mint 10.0 of this card for $10,000.00 US. I'm not sure what I should do???? On the surface, it seems insane. I don't think this card or any of the cards for that matter are rare. 

What would you do?

3 minutes ago, ninanina said:

Been a comic collector for the most part, but back in the early '90's I purchased some 1990's Marvel cards for my son with the intention of keeping any hologram inside the packages. I came across the Magneto foil card and immediately put it in a 9 up card holder with the 1990 Score hockey set I purchased. So based on that, pretty sure it's a 10.0 Gem Mint as it's been sitting there for 31 years but has not been graded. So someone on ebay purchases a Gem Mint 10.0 of this card for $10,000.00 US. I'm not sure what I should do???? On the surface, it seems insane. I don't think this card or any of the cards for that matter are rare. 

What would you do?

You’d have to post a picture of the card. Centering alone can keep these cards out the Gem Mint 10 grade.

Thanks for the tip; I didn't know that and I very much appreciate that. 

Top and bottom are perfect. White on the right is 3/32" and on the left 1/8". So, in that respect .... no, it's not perfectly centered left to right. Best I could get then would be a 9.5? Sorry, for not knowing how to put up a scan. 

Edited by ninanina

I have complete series 1,2,3 and Marvel Masterpiece all encased and stored in a shoebox under humidity control for the last 23 years or so.

Not sure I will bother getting them graded since so many people have them.  If I did it would only be series 1 and the masterpiece sets.

I also had all the Spider-Man figures still in packages from the early 90s but literally mice devoured them about 13 years ago.  I was so pissed.

Edited by Mike_1
Funny add-on

On 3/28/2021 at 8:52 PM, ninanina said:

Thanks for the tip; I didn't know that and I very much appreciate that. 

Top and bottom are perfect. White on the right is 3/32" and on the left 1/8". So, in that respect .... no, it's not perfectly centered left to right. Best I could get then would be a 9.5? Sorry, for not knowing how to put up a scan. 

on cards that is quite off.

I currently own the 1984 Marvel covers set with original box.

Also purchased a large collection with @thehumantorch and the collection contained comics, toys, statues, magazines, fanzines, pins and...cards.

Included was a complete set of 1990 Impel, 1992 and 1993 Marvel with many of the hologram cards.

I really like this:

s-l1600 (1).jpg

3 minutes ago, ninanina said:

Really? That's only 1/32" of an inch. 

Honestly, if it’s not dead centered all the way around on this type of card I wouldn’t bother. These cards are also likely to cool off by the time you would get them back from grading. PSA has been number one in grading these types of cards and they are overwhelmed to the point of stopping accepting some tiers at this point for the next few months.

BGS and SGC prices haven’t been as strong on the Marvel cards and CGC doesn’t grade them at all.

1 minute ago, ninanina said:

Really? That's only 1/32" of an inch. 

I believe that would be enough to keep it to a psa 7

Here is a visual guide from PSA's site for a 7 and an 8 so you can compare your centering.

1952-topps-mickey-mantel-psa-nm-7.png

1952-topps-mickey-mantel-psa-nm-mt-8.png