• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Trading Cards
8 8

293 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Mephisto said:

Honestly, if it’s not dead centered all the way around on this type of card I wouldn’t bother. These cards are also likely to cool off by the time you would get them back from grading. PSA has been number one in grading these types of cards and they are overwhelmed to the point of stopping accepting some tiers at this point for the next few months.

BGS and SGC prices haven’t been as strong on the Marvel cards and CGC doesn’t grade them at all.

They need to change that.

On 2/20/2021 at 6:48 PM, ganni said:

Marvel 1990 series centering is so hard.  Only 2 cards I think will pass the center test.

m1990.jpg

Late to this, but I can see a visual difference in the centering on both of those.

Sabertooth is better centered than the Spider-man. Sabertooth left side wider than the right.

Edited by Artboy99

3 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

They need to change that.

I’m not convinced they will since they do TCG games only. With CSG doing sports cards I could see them being more likely to end up doing them in the end...even though Marvel cards are tailor made for the CGC brand...

11 minutes ago, Dr. Dank said:

Does my deadpool rookie card still have a shot?

20210215_133538.jpg

Were you fortunate enough to not have the polybag crease indentations on yours? 10 of mine are plagued with them...:tonofbricks:

1 minute ago, CHASEnBLUE said:

Were you fortunate enough to not have the polybag crease indentations on yours? 10 of mine are plagued with them...:tonofbricks:

I don't see an indentation. I had basically removed it from the bag and put it in this sleeve the second I bought it, because deadpool was awesome.

If I knew then what I know now, I would have bought much much more

3 minutes ago, Dr. Dank said:

I don't see an indentation. I had basically removed it from the bag and put it in this sleeve the second I bought it, because deadpool was awesome.

If I knew then what I know now, I would have bought much much more

Yeah you probably don't have it then since you took it out right away. Like many others I'm sure, mine were in boxes forever and nine of the 10 cards were positioned right on the seam of the polybag. Thus, the dreaded indentation. Straight on you can't see it, but when I angle the cards then you can see the trench!:facepalm:

Just now, CHASEnBLUE said:

Yeah you probably don't have it then since you took it out right away. Like many others I'm sure, mine were in boxes forever and nine of the 10 cards were positioned right on the seam of the polybag. Thus, the dreaded indentation. Straight on you can't see it, but when I angle the cards then you can see the trench!:facepalm:

I'll have to check when  I get back home. 

I'd love to have it graded, but I'd have to berate myself and commit to complaining about TATs and that takes up too much time

1 minute ago, Dr. Dank said:

I'll have to check when  I get back home. 

I'd love to have it graded, but I'd have to berate myself and commit to complaining about TATs and that takes up too much time

Exactly! What are they saying now here....5 years? :roflmao:

:popcorn:

17 hours ago, Mephisto said:

Honestly, if it’s not dead centered all the way around on this type of card I wouldn’t bother. These cards are also likely to cool off by the time you would get them back from grading. PSA has been number one in grading these types of cards and they are overwhelmed to the point of stopping accepting some tiers at this point for the next few months.

BGS and SGC prices haven’t been as strong on the Marvel cards and CGC doesn’t grade them at all.

Their prices may not be as strong as PSA but ,to me att least, this is found money. I scoffed up most of my cards at garage sales and auctions and am into them for pennies.Last year I was selling Series 1V boxes for $30.

Anyone out there know how much a pack of Marvel Universe series 1 or 2 cards was originally? I recently scrolled past a pic somewhere that had a wrapper with a price sticker on it but I can't find it now. Just curious

20 hours ago, jason4 said:

Any news on cgc grading marvel cards anytime soon? I have alot and I like cgc. Some of my cards:

20210402_195912.thumb.jpg.96296b19b4d60b5437cf3d86247077b6.jpg20210228_155341.thumb.jpg.6ca0943f7252c0e6b28de2b3b39d0765.jpg20210316_195913.thumb.jpg.98a1ac0f690731c17cff0cff523f2204.jpg

Those 1996 cards are god tier. I haven't been lucky enough to locate any yet. Hopefully I can come across some in the near future. I'm honestly really surprised the gold signature ones aren't worth more. 

8 hours ago, maidenmate91 said:

Those 1996 cards are god tier. I haven't been lucky enough to locate any yet. Hopefully I can come across some in the near future. I'm honestly really surprised the gold signature ones aren't worth more. 

Well..graded 10 the black panther is over 1k. I got this card for 20 bucks but I doubt it is a 10. Surprised also theybdpnt aell for more raw (rogue was 5 dollars and might be a 10) that's why I got them back this week before maybe they go crazy like 1996 has. 

1996 is very tough. 

17 hours ago, jason4 said:

Well..graded 10 the black panther is over 1k. I got this card for 20 bucks but I doubt it is a 10. Surprised also theybdpnt aell for more raw (rogue was 5 dollars and might be a 10) that's why I got them back this week before maybe they go crazy like 1996 has. 

1996 is very tough. 

Print run on 96 is a lot lower than 92-94 MM sets.