• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Trading Cards
8 8

293 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, cdm49er said:

I'm trying to find an answer if they plan to grade Marvel cards and the answer seems to be "maybe in the future"...is that correct or am I missing something? Thanks!

Maybe in the future yes, but I'm not expecting that to happen anytime soon.

Wow, didn't realize there appears to be healthy market for comic cards. I've got some 92 MM, as well as unopened box I see goes for about $500. I'm sure I have a bunch of promo cards and I seem to remember a gold Wolverine.

I've got some Return of Superman and Warriors of Plasm as well.

Know about PGC and know they graded cards, does CGC Grade them now or is PGC they way to go if selling? raw market?

Hmmmm......Where are those dang cards at!

16 minutes ago, TheBigJ said:

Wow, didn't realize there appears to be healthy market for comic cards. I've got some 92 MM, as well as unopened box I see goes for about $500. I'm sure I have a bunch of promo cards and I seem to remember a gold Wolverine.

I've got some Return of Superman and Warriors of Plasm as well.

Know about PGC and know they graded cards, does CGC Grade them now or is PGC they way to go if selling? raw market?

Hmmmm......Where are those dang cards at!

CGC/PGC only grades Pokemon and MTG right now. 

16 minutes ago, CHASEnBLUE said:

Certainly painful for some no doubt...

I mean imagine getting FOMO and paying the higher tier to have PSA grade these and have something come back a 9 and not even cover the grading fee like that JIM 83 PSA $9 that finished at $23

5 minutes ago, Mephisto said:

I mean imagine getting FOMO and paying the higher tier to have PSA grade these and have something come back a 9 and not even cover the grading fee like that JIM 83 PSA $9 that finished at $23

Unfortunately, with the colossal entry of comic and card "collectors" into this market, especially this past year, countless folks who just don't know any better have been and will continue to get rail-roaded until they figure out how to play the game. 

It's not cards I know, but I can't help but think about all those that got screwed with Batman Damned #1 right out the gate...