• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Trading Cards
8 8

293 posts in this topic

On 4/16/2021 at 6:24 PM, Mephisto said:

I’m highly suspect of this cards path.

Those are the exact same serial number card by the same seller. That same serial number card then shows up in the PWCC Vault a short time later. I wouldn’t be surprised if the person who “sold” it the first two times on eBay was the consigner with PWCC.

64F0D85B-2E72-4E93-AAA0-C01F3B6DE104.jpeg

7C1D916D-44E2-4AAB-A1F3-A11115F0C0DB.png

Oh Lordy!

2A70BF03-9D47-42E9-A99D-41CBF40EE4C3.jpeg

85FA259D-1DFE-4878-891E-B8481FFDDE0B.jpeg

Edited by Mephisto

18 hours ago, Mephisto said:

More diminishing returns. And once again that first sale by Probstein at over $355 is the exact same card (serial numbers match) that just sold for $56.77.

A8019D07-C1D6-45F2-99C5-F5800761E6A1.jpeg

Its like someone is testing the water..... with the value fee/psa  as the cost of capital.

Fake sales also in the signed Liefeld Deadpool “Rookie” market.

Someone tried to use this best offer sale on this as a comp for their Liefeld auto in a Facebook group. I became suspicious when one failed to even get a single bid at $500 recently.

If you click the actual completed sale item it reveals the card that allegedly sold via Best Offer has actually been relisted and sure enough the exact card with the same serial number has been relisted.

3476D761-2331-404C-AD60-59BED9ABA99B.jpeg

40A85D83-EBE7-49FF-AFD6-666230B50331.png

2CBF7AAC-AA66-40E8-A8F3-E719A4D07F3D.png

Edited by Mephisto

2 minutes ago, Mephisto said:

Fake sales also in the signed Liefeld Deadpool “Rookie” market.

Someone tried to use this best offer sale on this as a comp for their Liefeld auto in a Facebook group. I became suspicious when one failed to even get a single bid at $500 recently.

If you click the actual completed sale item it reveals the card that allegedly sold via Best Offer has actually been relisted and sure enough the exact card with the same serial number has been relisted.

3476D761-2331-404C-AD60-59BED9ABA99B.jpeg

40A85D83-EBE7-49FF-AFD6-666230B50331.png

61B56620-9551-41B0-BC95-643EA6A68320.png

I find it hard to believe no one is reporting it...it's pretty blatant!

The fake sale on 4/19 couldn’t save this one listed with no reserve. At $101 there is no way this wasn’t a huge loss with the cost of the Rob Liefeld signing and PSA grading never mind return shipping, cost of the card, eBay and PayPal fees.

C7D66BE7-723B-4651-B9D8-BAF997B374F1.jpeg

On 4/28/2021 at 11:32 AM, CHASEnBLUE said:

I find it hard to believe no one is reporting it...it's pretty blatant!

I think it's kind of hard to understand what they're doing in order to report it. I've been reading this thread for a bit and still can't fully grasp what's going on. 

Pretty easy 

Marvel cards are worth squat and stupid people think other people are dumber than they are and are trying to make them worth something. 

But they're not.

7 hours ago, Dr. Dank said:

Pretty easy 

Marvel cards are worth squat and stupid people think other people are dumber than they are and are trying to make them worth something. 

But they're not.

There are a lot of them out there, but I think this has resulted in the value of them going up a good bit that will probably hang around. I don't know that fishing for 10s on the non-chase cards makes much sense, long term.

Just now, Ron Churches said:

There are a lot of them out there, but I think this has resulted in the value of them going up a good bit that will probably hang around. I don't know that fishing for 10s on the non-chase cards makes much sense, long term.

I don't see what you're saying here 

There are a lot of them so that makes them more valuable?

Just now, Dr. Dank said:

I don't see what you're saying here 

There are a lot of them so that makes them more valuable?

I'm agreeing that they have been overinflated by manipulation and irrational buying/selling, but I think some of that value will stick. This, despite, the quantity of these cards being around. It's net-good for that random binder of Marvel we've had for years and years, but probably won't pay for retirement.

3 minutes ago, Ron Churches said:

I'm agreeing that they have been overinflated by manipulation and irrational buying/selling, but I think some of that value will stick. This, despite, the quantity of these cards being around. It's net-good for that random binder of Marvel we've had for years and years, but probably won't pay for retirement.

Well there is no shortage of stupid around, but I see full set boxes still priced at where they've always been.

I definitely don't see a reason to send a bunch in to be graded

Edited by Dr. Dank
I sincerely hate my phone