• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM ASM51
2 2

11 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, SuperApe said:

Hi All,

Here's my ASM51 - looks like it could do with a press, but not sure the cost of doing so would increase the value of this book. Looking forward to hearing people's thoughts on grade!!

IMG_8005.thumb.JPG.9cb9bc07978488d5d1e668c428aa1d9a.JPG

IMG_8009.thumb.JPG.5b745808a10fe96c2a78760e85aad062.JPG

A press won't mollify the missing color that's scraped and flaked off of many edge areas on this book. Save the money to spend for a press and/or cleaning on a more worthy and cost effective candidate. 

22 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

A press won't mollify the missing color that's scraped and flaked off of many edge areas on this book. Save the money to spend for a press and/or cleaning on a more worthy and cost effective candidate. 

Do you think the press would help flatten out some of non color breaking creases up the top edge?  

This is a situation where I think a press could help the appearence, but probably not the grade given everything else going on. 

3.0 / 3.5 for me. 

Just now, KCOComics said:

Do you think the press would help flatten out some of non color breaking creases up the top edge?  

This is a situation where I think a press could help the appearence, but probably not the grade given everything else going on. 

3.0 / 3.5 for me. 

Spot on. A press might help some puffy areas to lie perfectly flat again, but the flaws themselves will all still be highly visible and detractions, flattened or not. All the color-fracturing on the cover cannot be revised to any type of meaningful degree necessary to improve the technical grade, IMO.