• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ricardo Delgado 'Age of Reptiles' Prints/Lithos??

9 posts in this topic

Hello all!!  I believe this forum is the right place for this, but please correct me if not.  I'm not sure these qualify as OA... :bigsmile:

Going through my 'collections' room in the house...again, I found a couple Age of Reptiles comic prints/lithographs that appear to be pencil signed by Ricardo Delgado.  I have 2 of them and they are limited to 500 each.  They are still in the plastic that they were shipped in, and inserted into sturdy/thick cardboard so that they've stayed flat for over 20 years.  I don't even remember what I paid for them, but being a dinosaur nut...I had to have them.  They were forgotten over time because of constant moving around in the military.

Does anyone else have knowledge of prints/lithographs like these?  Does anyone have anything like these from Delgado?  I'm not finding much out there on the interweb.  Any insight, info, or opinions are greatly appreciated.

20200824_100730.jpg

20200824_100734.jpg

20200824_100744.jpg

20200824_100749.jpg

Edited by Galen130

Anything specific you'd like to know about the prints? I know the second one is the image used for the cover on the Age of Reptiles omnibus. The first one strikes me as a pin-up, but I'd probably say the same for the second if I didn't know it was on the omni. I'm sure they were prints he sold at conventions and / or online. If you're trying to assess value, I'd guess $25-$50, but that's not going off of anything concrete.

In terms of this forum, generally it's used to exclusively discuss original pieces and not prints. But I'll take any opportunity to discuss Delgado :). He isn't mentioned nearly enough nowadays.

In that spirit, here's a Delgado Age of Reptiles original cover I got from him recently - https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1654472

There's some other great Delgado work on CAF as well.

new doc 2020-08-15 18.45.21_1.jpg

Edited by Varanis

43 minutes ago, Varanis said:

Anything specific you'd like to know about the prints? I know the second one is the image used for the cover on the Age of Reptiles omnibus. The first one strikes me as a pin-up, but I'd probably say the same for the second if I didn't know it was on the omni. I'm sure they were prints he sold at conventions and / or online. If you're trying to assess value, I'd guess $25-$50, but that's not going off of anything concrete.

In terms of this forum, generally it's used to exclusively discuss original pieces and not prints. But I'll take any opportunity to discuss Delgado :). He isn't mentioned nearly enough nowadays.

In that spirit, here's a Delgado Age of Reptiles original cover I got from him recently - https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1654472

There's some other great Delgado work on CAF as well.

new doc 2020-08-15 18.45.21_1.jpg

I was getting ready to rack out when I saw this.  Nice one!!!

I will gladly relocate this thread to the proper forum if anyone has suggestions. (thumbsu

Varanis, what did you mean by pinups?  Do you think Delgado would have pencil signed them, then sealed in plastic?  The plastic was never removed by me, so I was thinking that my LCS at the time received them to show...but gave them to me instead. :bigsmile:  I was one of their best customers for years, so I got free stuff from them from time to time. :banana:

2 minutes ago, Galen130 said:

I will gladly relocate this thread to the proper forum if anyone has suggestions. (thumbsu

Varanis, what did you mean by pinups?  Do you think Delgado would have pencil signed them, then sealed in plastic?  The plastic was never removed by me, so I was thinking that my LCS at the time received them to show...but gave them to me instead. :bigsmile:  I was one of their best customers for years, so I got free stuff from them from time to time. :banana:

I wouldn’t worry about moving the thread. It’s close enough. 

By pin-up I just meant the image is probably not a cover, interior page, etc. Not sure about the plastic, but not sure it matters too much. Ultimately looks like they’re signed and numbered limited prints. 

On 9/26/2020 at 9:10 AM, mhanc71 said:

Beautiful pieces.  I need those two prints to complete my Delgado set.  There’s also a T. rex and a Tylosaurus in the series.  Let me know if you’re willing to sell.  I have other dino art to trade as well.

I have them up for sale in my Mixed Age sales thread.  Look in the selling forum.  I will entertain any reasonable offer. (thumbsu