• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Two More Mystery Artwork Peices - Who can help?

11 posts in this topic

Thanks to everyone who offered information on my previous post in helping me identify the Vampilla painting/artwork...at least that it was a Frazetta homage peice, if not the actual artist.  I have two more peices of artwork I need some help on...both came from the same place, part of an estate comic collection. Current owners could give me no info.  They are both framed and I don't really want to take them out if I don't have to...to see if there's info on the back or something.  

Who can give me some info on these?

And, just for your viewing pleasure, here's my favorite peice from the collection.  This one I figured out. It's signed by Gary Shipman. I reached out to him via facebook and he told me it's called "Scary Bambi" and its actually a painting done over a print of a lion roaring.  geez! Love it!

IMG_1518.jpeg

3 hours ago, Matt Stein said:

And, second, we have a peice that's clearly frmo Elfquest (I believe).  Not sure of artist...I think its an actual drawing and not a print.  Any thoughts?

7D65029D-9A78-42FF-A2D0-C017218D09AB.jpeg

It's fantasy but not Elfquest. They don't use katanas, wear goggles, or look/dress like Shadow Lass.  Sorry I don't know where it is from.

17 hours ago, Matt Stein said:

And, second, we have a peice that's clearly frmo Elfquest (I believe).  Not sure of artist...I think its an actual drawing and not a print.  Any thoughts?

7D65029D-9A78-42FF-A2D0-C017218D09AB.jpeg

Looks like Barry Blair. Maybe Elflord or one of the spin offs.

7 hours ago, ESeffinga said:

I thought Blair as well, or at least someone very inspired by him.
Have you taken it out of the frame to see if it's signed under the mat board, or the back?

I haven't yet...will do that thought at this point on this one