• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Dylan Still Trying to Scam People with Restored Books?
6 6

404 posts in this topic

Scam?  Seems harsh as it is clear from the bidding that potential buyers so far know it is restored.  Plus CGC error labels are a thing so I don’t see why he has to return for relabeling.  I’d be a lot more comfortable with the listing if he mentioned the trimming as it’s glaring omission from the description could lead a buyer to think a fast one is being pulled. I’ve bought many times from this seller without a problem.

15 minutes ago, seanfingh said:

Dylan, you are a douchenozzle. Shame on you.

+1

For a guy with over 4K feedback over a 10 year history on eBay, seems very questionable that there is absolutely no mention of the trimming other than the CGC label. Couple that with the fact that he has attempted this several times recently with the character labels and you get a true douchenozzle.

Guess we'll see where the bidding goes to see if everyone realizes it's restored.

-bc

5 minutes ago, Keys_Collector said:

Might be a good idea to tag @dylanthekid and @Brittany M. on this one 

This was supposed to have been taken care of but i'm not surprised that it isn't. (shrug)

Sent him a message through eBay requesting he note that the book is restored in his description and to the existence of this thread. Guess his response or lack thereof will speak volumes. 

22 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

No. Just going on info in this thread. 

I see, here is what he stated last time. He knew about the recall and claims he tried to get the books back. So him listing that trimmed book now after all that happened tells me that anything he wrote about good intentions was a lie. As I stated last time, I will only believe him if he shows us those same comics in purple labels returned from CGC. Instead we have another listing of a book he knows should be purple being sold with no indication of that in his description.

I have reached out to all buyers of all 4 comics informing them of the recall. I am attempting & putting forth best efforts to obtain these books at this current time & have already obtained 2 so far.

I held all 4 books in my hand fully taken apart to asses because of the ct. CGC did not have them taken apart whatsoever; Therefore I am the best person to make a judgement here.

I have a super strong ethical compass. I even returned to Greg Reece back $100 (he gave me too much) at a show a few years back. I run a legit honest business. I even charge sales tax if I am shipping to NYS unless you have a resale certificate. Most boardies cannot say that! 

I note restoration in all my raw books and almost never miss ANYTHING. I'm one of the best people at seeing this stuff & become super upset if I miss something; This is what I do to make my living.

If these books were graded by me, I would have noted the non additive restoration in the description as is right & just.

If CGC gave these purple labels, this never would have been an issue.

CGC SHOULD have publically apologized, taken responsibility & taken the CGC boards mafia off me admitting all fault. CGC clearly does not care about their dealers/submitters as them hanging me out to dry & taking no responsibility demonstrates.

There is a no verify information mentality on these boards and it is quite sickening. It is easy to go along with the crowd. I hate crowds & am willing to go in the opposite direction; Many people on the boards need to grow a pair of balls. 

If you don't buy comics from me, that's a mutual loss. If everyone ridiculously gets the Dylan is evil disease, I will just sell to a few dealers so you are not really dodging a hypothetical bullet anyway. You would end up with the EXACT same books; You just wouldn't know.

If you buy comics from me, I will give you the absolute best customer service I can.

Yes I am THAT guy who made the AF15 Video. You should watch, it is fing hilarious.

My opinion: CGC did not fck up here on the label. I do not believe the color touch was additive to the grade in anyway and should have been blue. These books were part of an original owner collection where the owner used marker for no fcking reason. I removed the marker that DID effect grade. Restoration is not restoration if it does not restore anything. They were not trimmed, you can see in the pictures that the edges are not short-that was a mistake by CGC.

I would appreciate a public apology from any ignorant person who said I was unethical. You didn't gather all the facts which is moronic.

Edited by William-James88