• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Dylan Still Trying to Scam People with Restored Books?
6 6

404 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, blazingbob said:

Bill,  this is an error that I know they are aware of when a book is restored and the customer selected a custom label.  The book should not have gotten a custom label,  it should have been given a Purple label.  

I've already spoken to them about it on the phone,  I just emailed them.  

You comment that CGC has made a decision not to issue these books in purple labels is not true.  

Show me a purple label then. I have not seen one, but I've seen at least a dozen that should be. If I'm mistaken, I'll admit it. Just show me a new fangled label in purple.

Until I see one, I stand by my opinion that CGC is selling a tainted product.

Edited by shadroch

1 hour ago, joeypost said:

I am sure there is a way to programmatically prevent a restored book from getting any label other than a restored label, regardless of what the submitter selected. This way the software catches errors like this that the graders may be unaware of when grading the book. 

There can't be. The labels of every color and type are pre-made and just have the issue information printed on them during that part of the grading process. What software will prevent humans from loading the wrong paper in a printer or catch it when they do?

1 hour ago, joeypost said:

This loophole is not making the whole process look good at the moment. 

It's still better than when unsuspecting suckers submitted restored books for SS and got purple labels back with no signature notation.

3 minutes ago, shadroch said:

Show me a purple label then. I have not seen one, but I've seen at least a dozen that should be. If I'm mistaken, I'll admit it. Just show me a new fangled label in purple.

They would not get a custom Purple label,  they would get the old purple label. 

I never said there was a new custom purple label.

24 minutes ago, blazingbob said:

Last time I'm explaining this

Customer chooses Custom label on their submission form

Book is graded,  it is restored,  book goes to encapsulation process,  the CGC work order (or whatever else the person is working from) that the person generating the label is working off should have it noted that the book is restored,  book should not get a Custom blue or Custom yellow label,  it should get the current/existing purple label.  Accounting would also have to be notified in order to refund the custom label fee to the customers account.  

This is not CGC NOT DECIDING to issue these labels in purple,  this is an error in the workflow or work order that the wrong label is generated.  

This is ridiculous. If CGC isn't issuing purple labels in this series, it's because they decided not to. No one else made the decision. If you want to say they messed up and are releasing books in blue labels that don't deserve it, it is because they decided not to issue purple custom labels. None of this would have happened had they decided to issue purple labels. It's that decision that created what you think are mistakes to be issued.  I think nine months of blue labeled  restored books adds up to enough of a pattern to question if these are mistakes.

If I buy a blue label custom label off ebay and it turns out it never should have been in a blue label, will CGC make me whole?

I think these books are going to cause tremendous damage to the CGC brand.

This is ridiculous. If CGC isn't issuing purple labels in this series, it's because they decided not to. No one else made the decision. If you want to say they messed up and are releasing books in blue labels that don't deserve it, it is because they decided not to issue purple custom labels. None of this would have happened had they decided to issue purple labels. It's that decision that created what you think are mistakes to be issued.  I think nine months of blue labeled  restored books adds up to enough of a pattern to question if these are mistakes.

If I buy a blue label custom label off ebay and it turns out it never should have been in a blue label, will CGC make me whole?

Ok Bill,  so besides posting in this thread have you called them since this impacts you as a buyer and seller of CGC books?    

Edited by blazingbob

I’m sure CGC would make you whole if you bought a custom blue label with restoration.  It’s their f-up

4 minutes ago, blazingbob said:

Ok Bill,  so besides posting in this thread have you called them since this impacts you as a buyer and seller of CGC books?    

No, I've done it differently. I no longer buy their product. Too many little things, but this was the final straw.

5 minutes ago, MatterEaterLad said:

If CGC has known about this problem since November, why does it keep happening?

This Dylan book was graded 6/24/20. 

s-l1600.jpg

Nice try but the First Dylan thread identifying this issue was started 7/28/20.

You would have to ask if it is sill happening after that thread date.

Just now, blazingbob said:

Nice try but the First Dylan thread identifying this issue was started 7/28/20.

You would have to ask if it is sill happening after that thread date.

I’m pretty sure the issue was raised before Dylan crashed onto our radars.