• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Dylan Still Trying to Scam People with Restored Books?
6 6

404 posts in this topic

My opinion is that the only reason CGC isn't doing the other color labels is due to the licensing and the fact they are limited. So let's say they get 8,000 labels. Two colors means roughly 4,000 each. Make it 4 colors and then that's 2,000 each. They sell out of the blue yellow extremely fast then the green and purple sit around for what a year?  The issue becomes they do not want to back stock something they had to pay for similar to the scuffed inner wells and cases. Just my 2c

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite

32 minutes ago, kav said:

It's not restoration if its "super subtle".

Or

if you have a pristine 9.8 yellow cover detective comics 140, and a kid takes a yellow marker and puts it in two dots

But hey he's an OSPG advisor etc years experience 1.5 million$+ spent on comics 

Besides the CT does not cover up anything so its not restoration...

:facepalm:

He can do what he wants.tenor-2.gif.26fe70666104e80f400d4826631ff64c.gif

9 hours ago, joeypost said:

Per Harshen.

As we mentioned in an earlier post on a related thread, due to an internal programming error, these books were all encapsulated with CGC’s blue custom Universal Label instead of the purple Restored Label. 

Uh huh.

So, if you believe that, is it a problem that can't be fixed or did they just wait months and months after we know they knew about it to fix it for some reason?

Is it the same "programming error" that has caused other restored books to be slabbed with (regular) blue labels in the past (and I'm not talking about the GA compromise)?

:popcorn:

17 minutes ago, Keys_Collector said:
  • Someone brought up a point about the character labels being removed.  I kind of agree with that and always thought they were a waste although I doubt that will happen because of their popularity.  

I haven't read all the details, but you can ANY character label on ANY book?  Like if I wanted a Spiderman logo on my Incredible Wolverine book for instance?  Or if I would rather have Wolverine on the label for a hulk 340?

9 hours ago, Guardian Comics said:

Where did this Dylan book turn up...available for sale recently?  Like anytime since after July 28th 2020?  :wish luck:

Looks like the only book on the invoice. hm

And again on the Xmen book, the label might be BLUE, but it clearly states that the book has "restoration including a piece reattached to the cover..."?

I guess the problem is that people spending large sums of cash on slabbed books ONLY look at the label colour, and don't bother reading the details written on it?

3 minutes ago, StreetPreacher said:

I haven't read all the details, but you can ANY character label on ANY book?  Like if I wanted a Spiderman logo on my Incredible Wolverine book for instance?  Or if I would rather have Wolverine on the label for a hulk 340?

Why don't you just wait to type out one post instead of making 3 posts?  You can also edit a post if you forget to add something.

Yes, any label can be put on any book.  I've seen a Xmen1 with an Avengers logo and vice versa.  Completely dumb but so are humans. lol

16 hours ago, MatterEaterLad said:

If CGC has known about this problem since November, why does it keep happening?

This Dylan book was graded 6/24/20. 

s-l1600.jpg

And I've always wonered exactly what's going on in this cover?  What is beast swinging on?  Is Jean Grey just modeling her new outfit?  And Iceman is attacking Magneto with snowballs?  It appears that the 'angel' with a bazooka is the only 'threat', and we know magneto could easily disable a metal gun! lol  At least Cyclops appears to be making a dent...

Why don't you just wait to type out one post instead of making 3 posts?  You can also edit a post if you forget to add something.

Yes, any label can be put on any book.  I've seen a Xmen1 with an Avengers logo and vice versa.  Completely dumb but so are humans. lol

image.gif.7154cc5344fe15489367501ebcae64fd.gifSorry, was responding to different posts...  apologies. But thanks for the label info,  I'll go stand in the corner now.

Edited by StreetPreacher

2 hours ago, StreetPreacher said:

And again on the Xmen book, the label might be BLUE, but it clearly states that the book has "restoration including a piece reattached to the cover..."?

I guess the problem is that people spending large sums of cash on slabbed books ONLY look at the label colour, and don't bother reading the details written on it?

No, this X-Men book happened to be easy to spot.  All the others in question were photographed at an angle where the small print on the label wasn’t visible, nor was resto mentioned anywhere in the description. Books without the character labels were photographed head on, with the label entirely clear and readable.  

4 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

Uh huh.

So, if you believe that, is it a problem that can't be fixed or did they just wait months and months after we know they knew about it to fix it for some reason?

Is it the same "programming error" that has caused other restored books to be slabbed with (regular) blue labels in the past (and I'm not talking about the GA compromise)?

:popcorn:

Sounds like questions for CGC. I just passed on their reply. 

Have a great day.