• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Dylan Still Trying to Scam People with Restored Books?
6 6

404 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, Gaard said:

Easy fix ... get rid of those stupid character labels. Nothing but a money grab.

Ehh I succumbed to the vanity of it and just submitted an unpressed blue label ASM 23 to be CPR’d and put in the ASM label holder...

ASM 23 is my favorite Ditko cover. 

This is for me though... 

Edited by Buzzetta

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

Ehh I succumbed to the vanity of it and just submitted an unpressed ASM 23 to be CPR’d and put in the ASM label holder...

ASM 23 is my favorite Ditko cover. 

😲

37 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

Or make them available on all labels. What upsets me here is how dumb this whole situation is. All CGC had to do was program so that you can have character labels on any label, be it universal, pedigree, purple, whatever. 

I asked the same thing when they first were announced and the reply I received implied that they are buying the character labels from a 3rd party and just adding the typical text notations. They are not printing the character graphics in-house. That also explains why you have a choice of only blue or yellow labels for these specific titles.

-bc

ps - edit- and like other custom labels, often have a limited lifetime

Edited by bc

3 hours ago, Harshen said:

"While we obviously cannot speak for what happens on eBay, we want to clear up any confusion surrounding this matter.  The Amazing Spider Man 7 (CGC Cert # 2331335005) referenced in this thread was indeed returned to CGC for corrective re-holdering/re-labeling.

As we mentioned in an earlier post on a related thread, due to an internal programming error, these books were all encapsulated with CGC’s blue custom Universal Label instead of the purple Restored Label. 

We believe that we have now corrected the programming error so that future mistakes of this kind should not happen going forward.  Since this correction is prospective, however, we certainly do appreciate when people bring these labeling mistakes to our attention so that we can rectify any pre-existing label errors that may be out there in the marketplace.

Again, we apologize for the error and for the inconvenience it caused."

Frequently there are people here that cite how they judge sellers not by the undesirable incidents that occur, but how those incidents are addressed.   The same holds true with business entities.  If you guys at CGC say it is fixed and should not happen moving forward, that so be it and it is addressed.  At that point any sale that occurs with books already encapsulated falls upon the onus of the recipient of that book after grading.

On a side note... it would have been so much more fun if you locked the thread after this post and you could have been awarded 'pernts' for having the final post. 

:D 

4 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Frequently there are people here that cite how they judge sellers not by the undesirable incidents that occur, but how those incidents are addressed.   The same holds true with business entities.  If you guys at CGC say it is fixed and should not happen moving forward, that so be it and it is addressed.  At that point any sale that occurs with books already encapsulated falls upon the onus of the recipient of that book after grading.

On a side note... it would have been so much more fun if you locked the thread after this post and you could have been awarded 'pernts' for having the final post. 

:D 

:p

6 hours ago, shadroch said:

Isn't CGC well aware of the situation but continues to slab restored books in a blue label? How many formerly purple labels have been resubmitted? Why go after the street level dealers when the distributors are the ones pushing this garbage?

CGC could do a lot better but that doesn't excuse anyone from taking advantage of the situation.

5 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

There can't be. The labels of every color and type are pre-made and just have the issue information printed on them during that part of the grading process. What software will prevent humans from loading the wrong paper in a printer or catch it when they do?

It's still better than when unsuspecting suckers submitted restored books for SS and got purple labels back with no signature notation.

Per Harshen.

As we mentioned in an earlier post on a related thread, due to an internal programming error, these books were all encapsulated with CGC’s blue custom Universal Label instead of the purple Restored Label. 

This is semi-on topic but does anyone know why CGC won't do the custom labels in the Restored purple color?  Some of the custom labels look really good and if I had any restored books I'd be more than okay with having them in purple custom labels.  Why only yellow and blue?  I apologize if this has been addressed already...

12 minutes ago, Sensei Ryan said:

This is semi-on topic but does anyone know why CGC won't do the custom labels in the Restored purple color?  Some of the custom labels look really good and if I had any restored books I'd be more than okay with having them in purple custom labels.  Why only yellow and blue?  I apologize if this has been addressed already...

They had the custom labels done by a 3rd party, hence the only custom labels come in blue and yellow. 

Hence the reason for the thread that restored books are coming back blue label

Cgc addressed it and said it will no longer happen, but did not go further to say that customs will now be in purple as well....

So the way I guess the fix is, is that restored books can not receive custom labels....

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

12 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

They had the custom labels done by a 3rd party, hence the only custom labels come in blue and yellow. 

Hence the reason for the thread that restored books are coming back blue label

Cgc addressed it and said it will no longer happen, but did not go further to say that customs will now be in purple as well....

So the way I guess the fix is, is that restored books can not receive custom labels....

I get all that but didn't know a 3rd party did their labels.  So is Purple apparently a hard color to come by in paper now?  I know back a few millennia ago that purple was the color associated with royalty because the pigment was rare and hard to produce...but I didn't realize that the 2020 curse kept current labels from being printed in purple.

For real, though, was it just something that the 3rd party wasn't willing to do and if that was the case, has CGC ever addressed why they (3rd party) won't add them into the mix of the blue and yellow custom labels?  I mean, the purple labels get enough of a bad rap as it is but to deny them custom labels, too?  Poor purple labels...it just seems odd that the Green & Purple labels can't get the custom treatment...there still seems to be plenty of room to note the defects on the custom labels, too, regardless of the cover.  

Edited by Sensei Ryan

This is just silly. 

CGC: We would like to purchase from you labels in three colors. 

Random 3rd party maker of labels: Yeah, that's going to be a problem. We can only do two colors. 

CGC:

Random 3 party maker of labels:

CGC: Good talk. We will get back to you. 

What about the green labels...they need love, too?  For real, this is a way to earn more $ for re-holders if all colors could be involved.  I mean, if DC can sneak in those gray photo-copy black and white in the middle of blue custom labels - I mean if that's doable - surely to goodness we can find some green and purple paper to make some copies on.

#showgreenandpurplelabelslovetoo

1 minute ago, Sensei Ryan said:

What about the green labels...they need love, too?  For real, this is a way to earn more $ for re-holders if all colors could be involved.  I mean, if DC can sneak in those gray photo-copy black and white in the middle of blue custom labels - I mean if that's doable - surely to goodness we can find some green and purple paper to make some copies on.

#showgreenandpurplelabelslovetoo

Now you want 4 colors?

Season 3 Explosion GIF by Star Wars - Find & Share on GIPHY

6 hours ago, MatterEaterLad said:

If CGC has known about this problem since November, why does it keep happening?

This Dylan book was graded 6/24/20. 

s-l1600.jpg

Where did this Dylan book turn up...available for sale recently?  Like anytime since after July 28th 2020?  :wish luck:

Looks like the only book on the invoice. hm

Edited by Guardian Comics

5 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

Does anyone know if you can get those custom labels on the yellow labels with the green line at the top?

Now you are just being offensive. Good day to you sir.