• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Soft-Serve's SORTABACK Sale
3 3

64 posts in this topic

Meet Merton 2 VG - $65  SOLD

– Cute GGA art class theme. 1” upper spine split, short tear top cover, some smaller pieces missing there. Otherwise a nice flat and glossy copy of a desirable book.

Edited by Soft-Serve

Just now, Soft-Serve said:

Meet Merton 2 VG - $65 – Cute GGA art class theme. 1” upper spine split, short tear top cover, some smaller pieces missing there. Otherwise a nice flat and glossy copy of a desirable book.

Merton (1).jpg

Merton (2).jpg

take

Ace Comics #15 – FN $225  aka "ALMOST ACTION COMICS #1"

Why should you buy this? Because it was on the newsstand with Action #1. You heard me. I researched and specifically bought this book for that reason. Published the same month, June 1938. Probably the same paper for all I know. (I can’t know for sure, but I bet it even smells like Action #1…think about it) Get a Poor Man’s Action(less) #1 while you can! If not for the coupon clip back cover and short spine split lower bottom, this is an exceptional book. White page and glossy.  

Ace Comics 015 (1).jpg

Ace Comics 015 (2).jpg

Edited by Soft-Serve

Wings Comics #76 - FN- $195 SOLD VIA PM 

Great great book overall. Only a few edge tears and two coffee ring stains/indentations on the back. Otherwise solid staples, flat, tight CF. Also KILLER Lubbers GGA cover and art inside.

Edited by Soft-Serve

3 hours ago, Soft-Serve said:

Young King Cole Vol 3. #3 - VG+ $125

Overall nice book with the only real issue being a very short tear mid spine (cover only). Staples are holding, but top staple is popped from front. Solid interior. COOL COVER!

YCC v3 3 (1).jpg

YCC v3 3 (2).jpg

@wasonff

6 hours ago, Soft-Serve said:

Young King Cole Vol 3. #4 – VG+ $40

Great colors on this one! Flat book Cover is detached. Solid interior though and the cover art is, well, the dog's bollocks. Like a delete scene from Indiana Jones.

YCC v3 4  (1).jpg

6 hours ago, Soft-Serve said:

Liberty Comics #11 - FN- $65
ENUENDO COVER? You tell me? Unusual book, nice and flat book, light rust on staples with light migration. Slightly loose Cf. How could you not love this book? Excellent Suzie story inside with lots of great GGA.

Green - Liberty Comics 011a (1).jpg

Take both.

On 8/26/2020 at 4:19 PM, Soft-Serve said:

Kellogg's Funny Jungleland Moving pictures – VG $40

This is quite an oddity. Most "comics" from this time (1909, Platinum Age) aren't even close to a modern format, but this one is. It's about the same width of a GA book, and about 1" shorter. It's also neat because of it's unique pages. It's hard to describe, but the interior pages are cut multiple times horizontally so you can change and swap the scene/clothing in many different ways. The book does have some tape and one edge as a long spine split. Still a very stable and fun book that looks great in any collection. 

Kellogg - Funny Jungleand Moving Pictures (1).jpg

Kellogg - Funny Jungleand Moving Pictures (2).jpg

Kellogg - Funny Jungleand Moving Pictures (3).jpg

:takeit: