• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

hello everyone!
1 1

35 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Ninja0215 said:

Hey guys! I'm nick and I'm new here. Long time follower just bumped up my membership so I can send books right to Florida! looking forward to talking with everyone! going to be doing my first submission soon. pretty excited.

Welcome in the Comics General section there's actually an introduction topic thread which is stickied.  It actually seems more appropriate to have it here.

as exciting it is to send off that first batch if it's even more exciting when they finally get back to you.

One thing I learned, the hard way, do not rush into submitting until we figure out all the pros and cons. Are you submitting just a single book or a batch? Submitting single books can result in expensive shipping back to you if using the post office.

7 minutes ago, Ninja0215 said:

Hey guys! I'm nick and I'm new here. Long time follower just bumped up my membership so I can send books right to Florida! looking forward to talking with everyone! going to be doing my first submission soon. pretty excited.

want to share with us what you'll be sending in?

Also, if you want to have some fun, you can post some comics in the Buddy Can You Spare a Grade forum and then we say what grade we think it will get. Then you'll show us how wrong/right we were when you get the comic back.

1 minute ago, csaag said:

Welcome in the Comics General section there's actually an introduction topic thread which is stickied.  It actually seems more appropriate to have it here.

as exciting it is to send off that first batch if it's even more exciting when they finally get back to you.

One thing I learned, the hard way, do not rush into submitting until we figure out all the pros and cons. Are you submitting just a single book or a batch? Submitting single books can result in expensive shipping back to you if using the post office.

I would most likely use the post office but if its going be more costly then I would rather ups. I would be submitting just a few books till I figured everything out.

3 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

want to share with us what you'll be sending in?

Also, if you want to have some fun, you can post some comics in the Buddy Can You Spare a Grade forum and then we say what grade we think it will get. Then you'll show us how wrong/right we were when you get the comic back.

That's pretty cool! I'm at work right now lol but ill do that over the weekend.

23 minutes ago, Ninja0215 said:

I just did my first cbcs submission about three weeks ago. I know I m going to be waiting for those for a long time so I heard CGC has better turnaround times, here I am lol 

If you don't mind my asking, why did you select CBCS in the first place?

PS: If you want to join in on the fun here, we adress CBCS as Voldemort or Voldy for short, because it's the one who shall not be named.

Edited by William-James88

33 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

If you don't mind my asking, why did you select CBCS in the first place?

PS: If you want to join in on the fun here, we adress CBCS as Voldemort or Voldy for short, because it's the one who shall not be named.

Well, lol for two reason:: one of the is because of their verifies sig program and the other one was I could submit directly to them without being a member. I once heard a story from a member of the comic collecting group on Facebook that said CBCS lost one of his signed books. He said and quote never again. I heard turn around for CGC was way faster so I'm here to jump in on what's good lol

1 hour ago, Ninja0215 said:

when you get your comic submission back don't look at the grades on-line... get your box of CGC comics home and then every day look at just one of them , learn the discipline and joy of delayed gratification  ! this will draw out your anticipation and pleasure and give you something to look forward to every day ! like the 12 days of Christmas...

7 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

when you get your comic submission back don't look at the grades on-line... get your box of CGC comics home and then every day look at just one of them , learn the discipline and joy of delayed gratification  ! this will draw out your anticipation and pleasure and give you something to look forward to every day ! like the 12 days of Christmas...

I honestly don't know if I could do that but I like that ^^

26 minutes ago, Ninja0215 said:

Well, lol for two reason:: one of the is because of their verifies sig program and the other one was I could submit directly to them without being a member. I once heard a story from a member of the comic collecting group on Facebook that said CBCS lost one of his signed books. He said and quote never again. I heard turn around for CGC was way faster so I'm here to jump in on what's good lol

Yeah, the verified sig program is definitely a draw. Also, fyi, CGC can and has lost books as well. That's why they ask for the insurance value and have different tiers based on it. 

All the best!

27 minutes ago, Ninja0215 said:

BTW, what's the main address that submission's go to??

I believe that will be on the Packing List that is generated when you place your order online.

My first submission, I was so worried about packing the books safely that I forgot to put the packing slip in the box :facepalm:

Got all the way back home from the Post Office and saw it still laying on the desk....luckily my local post master is cool.

-bc

Edited by bc
typo # 45,687